FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Non tradional Carp tatics  (Read 8388 times)

mud_n_fun

• Take a Kid Fishing!
Re: Non tradional Carp tatics
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Ok guys on michigan outdoors a year or two ago they had a guy on there flyfishing for carp. When they came up in the shallows to feed he presented a shrimp looking fly in front of them. Craziest thing I've seen for carp fishing but he caught a few on the episode.

vivlamored

• Gotta Love the Adirondacks
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 07:15 PM »
 i have caught carp on flies, Mr. twisters, WOrm harnesses whil trolling for walleye, Rapalas, I think that they will bite just about anything that goes infront of their face.
Don't use your sick days when you are sick use them when the fish are biting. It all looks the same on your time card

iceman cometh

• "Hardwater Philosopher"
« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2009, 07:33 PM »
troutaddict33--you said to use uncle jon's carp bait, I couldn't find this on the web--did you perhaps mean uncle josh's? I used this in the past and didn't catch a thing.

skipper--how to you rig the chewing tobacco so it stays on the hook? Do you just spit on the hair rig perhaps?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see things as they are...infinite." -- Aldous Huxley

"A wise man once said, you can kill with a fountain pen." -- Bob Dylan

stingdave9119

« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2009, 04:13 PM »
down in kinzua ive caught them on jumbo shrimp that my dad likes to eat. it pushed 15lbs. ive also caught mi  8 and 9lbers on live minnows fished directly on the bottom with just a hook

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2009, 10:03 AM »
troutaddict33--you said to use uncle jon's carp bait, I couldn't find this on the web--did you perhaps mean uncle josh's? I used this in the past and didn't catch a thing.

skipper--how to you rig the chewing tobacco so it stays on the hook? Do you just spit on the hair rig perhaps?

Use whole leaf tobacco, the kind in the pouch. You can usually find enough leaf and stem structure to hold the hook quite well. I like to use bait holder hooks, the kind with barbs on the shank. Snuff would work too if you used a bag of cheese cloth to contain it, then tied the bag to the hook. I have never used snuff because it is so expensive and hard to deal with.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.