FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Looking for Advice (Carp Tactics)  (Read 7193 times)

JKneibel

Re: Looking for Advice (Carp Tactics)
« Reply #15 on: Jul 29, 2008, 10:16 AM »
CORN!!!  My brother and I fish for these all the time in ponds by my house.  They are a blast to catch.  We rigged up a sling shot to cast the corn out for chum (due to throwing out shoulders trying to hurl it out in the water by hand).  Then we take a small split shot with a #4 hook and put as many corn kernels on it as you can.  Cast out into that chum and wait.  I usually use a noodle rod, like for steelhead.  makes for a better fight and easier to cast out a greater distance. 
A bad day fishing and drinking beer is better than a good day at work.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Sep 04, 2008, 04:21 AM »
where is rgfixit?? i think he uses hair jigs with raspberry jelly.

Guess I was sleeping on this one.

For bait fishing use the "hair rig" with corn or boilies.

If you want to test your fly rodding prowess, tie up some simple cotton ball flies and lace them with Smuckers strawberry jam. I use a #10 nymph hook and a wad of sterile cotton. Coat the cotton thoroughly and it will settle slowly to the bottom.

Find yourself a good carp pool in a local stream, get there early in the AM when they're feeding and sight cast upstream frorm tailing carp.Make sure your gear in in good shape....they'll tear it up. I've had 4 over 20lb this year. I'd suggest a level leader. I typically use about 7' of 8lb maxima. It's stiff enough to roll a heavy fly. Wear your polarized glasses. You need to be very accurate. Line falling on the water will spook a carp big time. They have excellent eyesight.

It's as much of a hunt as it is fishing.

It's what I do while the jet skis and weekend warriors control the open water .

Very addicting.
RG

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2008, 10:29 PM »
i knew it was a berry! :-\ thanks RG.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.