FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin 2020  (Read 8108 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Quabbin 2020
« Reply #45 on: Mar 07, 2020, 08:18 AM »
I was looking at an 80lb thrust. i fish in places with 5 knots of current and it would be awesome to anchor up and drift a live mack back into the rip

That and trolling eels slow in flats at night too.  I think 80lb will do it.  They have a video of a big flats boat holding in 7 knots but not sure how much thrust it was.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #46 on: Mar 07, 2020, 09:50 PM »
That and trolling eels slow in flats at night too.  I think 80lb will do it.  They have a video of a big flats boat holding in 7 knots but not sure how much thrust it was.
hopefully it will because I dont have room for a 36v system to run a 110 on my boat. 24v would be my max.

Baitbucket

« Reply #47 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:56 PM »
Got my boat out of storage last week. Just got the tune up kit in as well.
Im going to spend more time jigging up lakers and smallies. Trolling is just to boring.

lowaccord66

« Reply #48 on: Mar 25, 2020, 04:39 PM »
My wash was canceled.  They are unsure when they will reschedule and if and when they will open Quabbin...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #49 on: Mar 25, 2020, 04:46 PM »
debating whether or not to break my seal.... it's being broken for the seabass opener in mid may so might just break it now seeing that the Q might not open up before that....

fishsluggos

« Reply #50 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:53 PM »
Watershed Fishing Update: No decision has yet been made about Opening Day for fishing at Quabbin Reservoir (scheduled for April 18) and Wachusett/Sudbury Reservoirs (scheduled for April 4). Updated information will be posted on this website.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/quabbin-reservoir-fishing-guide

lowaccord66

« Reply #51 on: Mar 28, 2020, 07:42 AM »
Watershed Fishing Update: No decision has yet been made about Opening Day for fishing at Quabbin Reservoir (scheduled for April 18) and Wachusett/Sudbury Reservoirs (scheduled for April 4). Updated information will be posted on this website.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/quabbin-reservoir-fishing-guide

If they open and I cant get a wash I am going to lose my mind.

fishsluggos

« Reply #52 on: Mar 29, 2020, 05:00 PM »
If they open and I cant get a wash I am going to lose my mind.

Hi Jon,

I sent you a PM on the DR mounts. If / when they open and your boat isn't washed I will get you aboard mine. I'm committed to my buddy opening day after that you're next.

I've been chasing stockies just to scratch the itch.

lowaccord66

« Reply #53 on: Mar 30, 2020, 11:27 AM »
Hi Jon,

I sent you a PM on the DR mounts. If / when they open and your boat isn't washed I will get you aboard mine. I'm committed to my buddy opening day after that you're next.

I've been chasing stockies just to scratch the itch.

Thank you Sully.  I spent a few grand to get the old boat ready for quabbin and now this...shame is I dont think 25hp is enough for ontario or Id tow there and troll.

New boats starter went Saturday adding to my misery!

james1981

« Reply #54 on: Mar 30, 2020, 01:09 PM »
 I 25 hp might be enough if you are riding close to shore and pick a good weekend. But NH has good places that are not so bad after a little work. There are even some hike in laker places you can camp over night via kayak.

I am hesitant to take any boat that makes under 20mph out on big water...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #55 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:49 PM »
Thank you Sully.  I spent a few grand to get the old boat ready for quabbin and now this...shame is I dont think 25hp is enough for ontario or Id tow there and troll.

New boats starter went Saturday adding to my misery!
you could always go to champlain but you may have to quarantine for 14 days first....

lowaccord66

« Reply #56 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:08 PM »
you could always go to champlain but you may have to quarantine for 14 days first....

Ill be there and no I won't quarantine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.