FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tried a quick trip  (Read 2036 times)

stripernut

Tried a quick trip
« on: Mar 16, 2020, 06:44 AM »
I tried different sections of the Conn River for some walleye and had no luck. I know before heading out that the water was high, but it was running like a milkshake. It still felt great to get out and cast a line! With work looking screwed up, I got to start working on the boat...

lowaccord66

Re: Tried a quick trip
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2020, 11:32 AM »
Way to get out and fish Allen.  At least fishing hasn't been canceled...yet.

mikez

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Way to get out and fish Allen.  At least fishing hasn't been canceled...yet.

I'm seriously worried about that. If they end up going to full lockdown, will fishing be allowed?

Meanwhile it's becoming increasingly difficult to social distance outdoors. The recently stocked pond near me had no open parking spots in a good sized lot.
Every conservation land lot was full and so many people walking on the roads it was a traffic hazard.

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2020, 01:25 PM »
What area was this mikez? Not looking for a spot, just what part of the state?

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2020, 03:24 PM »
I'm seriously worried about that. If they end up going to full lockdown, will fishing be allowed?

Meanwhile it's becoming increasingly difficult to social distance outdoors. The recently stocked pond near me had no open parking spots in a good sized lot.
Every conservation land lot was full and so many people walking on the roads it was a traffic hazard.

A full lockdown would require martial law enforce and that is highly unlikely.  Here in CT they are strongly recommending you stay at home...yet the launch yesterday was busy.  The river has seen a bunch of people fishing.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:17 PM »
I guess if I am confronted out there fishing, I will justify I'm getting supper for the family. :laugh: :laugh:

Badbrad2186

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2020, 09:34 PM »
I guess if I am confronted out there fishing, I will justify I'm getting supper for the family. :laugh: :laugh:

Exactly what I told the wife I'll just tell the officer well ya see I'm out of food and the stores dont have any so I need to catch dinner

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2020, 12:28 AM »
Or you can do this.  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CMD1987

« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2020, 07:04 AM »

One of the reasons you are allowed to leave the house during a “shelter in place” is exercise. In fact MassWildlife is encouraging people to visit their wild spaces - just stay 6 ft away from others - that isn’t going to change. The main thing that needs to be avoided is close contact with people. Easily avoided outside

CMD1987

« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2020, 07:14 AM »
Also - I work in medical cannabis and we learned on Friday that we are classified as an essential service. Times have changed...

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Also - I work in medical cannabis and we learned on Friday that we are classified as an essential service. Times have changed...

Well thats good.  I read our governors executive order re shelter in place and the order says nothing about what people in CT do.  Theres a strong recommendation to stay home.  The news is pushing it like we are on lockdown when we are not.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2020, 12:09 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if they find out it prevents and cures Corona Virus. It would be legalized nationally in a minute. ;D ;D

Badbrad2186

« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2020, 12:26 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if they find out it prevents and cures Corona Virus. It would be legalized nationally in a minute. ;D ;D

That would be Great but instead they are saying Pot smokers are higher risk for covid 19. Doesnt scare me though smoke em if ya got em

lowaccord66

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:13 PM »
That would be Great but instead they are saying Pot smokers are higher risk for covid 19. Doesnt scare me though smoke em if ya got em

Guess its a good thing I stick to dabs.

westernmas

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2020, 03:23 PM »

They are already back to using single use plastic bags because the reusable ones could be contaminated.  Last year single use plastic bags were public enemy #1.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.