FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Wachusetts Res  (Read 2132 times)

butch two

• Member of the GODS society.
Wachusetts Res
« on: Apr 01, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Any news on the Chu(open / closed ) live hour/half away save me time and gas thanks.

CMD1987

Re: Wachusetts Res
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:36 PM »
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/wachusett-reservoir-and-sudbury-reservoir-fishing-guide

If they haven’t canceled it by now I don’t think they will. The parking lots are already packed most afternoons with hikers...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2020, 08:24 PM »
https://www.mass.gov/info-details/wachusett-reservoir-and-sudbury-reservoir-fishing-guide

If they haven’t canceled it by now I don’t think they will. The parking lots are already packed most afternoons with hikers...
2am my friend ;)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:04 AM »

I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

stripernut

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:35 AM »
No change yet on the web site... You would think if they printed something out they would have updated the web site.

CMD1987

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:41 AM »
So much for laker season

Ryan51993

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2020, 11:41 AM »
What a shame I know it gets crowded on opening day but its not that hard to keep a safe distance with that much shoreline available. Looks like they want to open just in time for the Lakers to stop biting too. Ill be super disappointed if the quabbin doesn't open, the shore fishing is far more remote than wachusett and the option of using a boat spreads people out even more. Plus I went hiking at Mt Toby the other day and there was more cars in the lot than I've ever seen anywhere at the Q or the chu on opening day.

stripernut

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2020, 12:32 PM »
It's on the web site;
NOTICE To prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus, DCR is postponing the start of shoreline fishing at Wachusett, Sudbury, and Quabbin Reservoirs and the Quabbin Boat Launch Areas until Sat. May 9, 2020.

lowaccord66

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2020, 12:46 PM »
What a shame I know it gets crowded on opening day but its not that hard to keep a safe distance with that much shoreline available. Looks like they want to open just in time for the Lakers to stop biting too. Ill be super disappointed if the quabbin doesn't open, the shore fishing is far more remote than wachusett and the option of using a boat spreads people out even more. Plus I went hiking at Mt Toby the other day and there was more cars in the lot than I've ever seen anywhere at the Q or the chu on opening day.

Quabbin opening seems unlikely.  I may sell my newly minted quabbin rig if anyone is looking.  (Still needs a wash)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2020, 02:05 PM »
Quabbin opening seems unlikely.  I may sell my newly minted quabbin rig if anyone is looking.  (Still needs a wash)
you could get it cold weather sealed as well as this season may not ever happen....

lowaccord66

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2020, 09:32 PM »
you could get it cold weather sealed as well as this season may not ever happen....

Ya I guess we will see.  My best friend put a lot of work into for me with the hopes we could keep his crestliner available for other pursuits.  Im going to troll with it elsewhere for now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.