FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gov. Baker allows "solitary fishing" at state beaches (just can't park there)  (Read 3961 times)

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
They maybe following what NH F&G are doing, they’ll stock but just not say when or where....which is a good thing   

taxid

Not exactly the same but I know the frustration of being able to launch at a public access site but nowhere to park. Tried to launch at one of the Washecum Ponds in Mass and had a kid working at the beach come up and tell me the parking was not public. I was nice to him and he relented, but told me in the future he couldn't do it.

OTOH there are anglers that ruin it for the rest of us by trashing boat ramps, and I understand the towns have to come up with the revenue to the tune of thousands of dollars to spray exotic aquatic weeds that are brought in via boats.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CMD1987

Might indicate that they are done stocking until the fall.

Pretty sure it’s an attempt to spread people out -

bogtrotter

No, that's not it. 

The "map" has black pushpins with spots that have already been stocked, and purple diamonds with ones that remain to be stocked.

There are still a fair number of purple diamonds left on the map - - at least out here in the Western District.

westernmas

No, that's not it. 

The "map" has black pushpins with spots that have already been stocked, and purple diamonds with ones that remain to be stocked.

There are still a fair number of purple diamonds left on the map - - at least out here in the Western District.

I'll be curious if those purple diamonds turn to black push pins.  I think they were dumping extra fish into spots so they could get the stocking done in the event a more strict shelter in place order was executed.  We shall see.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Steve H.

I thought I saw a post earlier (maybe not on this thread) about Plug's Pond in Haverhill being closed due to people not distancing.  Anyway, I was there yesterday and it was open.  There is a sign at the entrance restricting some of the shoreline near the parking lot and reminding people to maintain an appropriate distance.  The good news is that I found this to be true in all cases.  Everyone there was spaced out along the shoreline with at least 10 feet between.  I don't think I saw any groups of more than two people, unless there were kids with them.  Lots of people in kayaks.  Didn't catch anything and wish I had brought my fly rod since saw lots of rises and some mayflies coming off.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

Probably early stoneflies.  Will be a bit before the first of the mayfly hatches start.  Glad to hear about distancing though.  All is well if you do what the guberment tells you to do.

Steve H.

These were definitely mayflies.  I think March browns.  You could see them flying around and trout taking them as emergers.  Wish I had brought my fly rod.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

CMD1987

I'll be curious if those purple diamonds turn to black push pins.  I think they were dumping extra fish into spots so they could get the stocking done in the event a more strict shelter in place order was executed.  We shall see.

It’s an attempt to spread people out from recently stocked areas. Also lots of complaints about “stocking truck chasers” so they may keep it that way.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
a lot of places are getting closed down. it's only a matter of time....

stripernut

I am hoping that in about 2 weeks (changing the steering cable) we can find an open ramp near our Winter Flounder spots...

lowaccord66

a lot of places are getting closed down. it's only a matter of time....

Wouldn't stop me for a second. 

Roccus

I thought I saw a post earlier (maybe not on this thread) about Plug's Pond in Haverhill being closed due to people not distancing.  Anyway, I was there yesterday and it was open.  There is a sign at the entrance restricting some of the shoreline near the parking lot and reminding people to maintain an appropriate distance.  The good news is that I found this to be true in all cases.  Everyone there was spaced out along the shoreline with at least 10 feet between.  I don't think I saw any groups of more than two people, unless there were kids with them.  Lots of people in kayaks.  Didn't catch anything and wish I had brought my fly rod since saw lots of rises and some mayflies coming off.

A trolled hornberg is your friend...flat fish is a good fish taker there orange with. Black dots.. bumblebee rooter tail is good when the water warms up.

Steve H.

A trolled hornberg is your friend...flat fish is a good fish taker there orange with. Black dots.. bumblebee rooter tail is good when the water warms up.

Great advice, thanks.  And I do remember trolling flatfish there as a kid with my dad from our row boat.  Oh so slowly. 

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.

No I think it has to do with the truck chasers. They shut down Pluggs in Haverhill last Tuesday after they stocked some big fish . The place was packed when word got out. They posted some restriction signs and reopened it the next day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.