FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish Pond Today  (Read 1124 times)

bogtrotter

Fish Pond Today
« on: Apr 04, 2020, 05:17 PM »
The DFW recently stocked Fish Pond (Windsor Lake) in North Adams with browns and rainbows.

Today also turned out to be relatively nice given that the weathermen had been predicting it would rain all day long - - although it was mostly cloudy, the rain held off all day, and the temps were in the upper 50's.

No doubt for both of those reasons - - combined with the cabin fever induced by the current national situation - -   there were lots of folks (including yours truly) who decided to fish at Fish Pond today.

For some reason, I hammered the sun fish - - and some of them were BIG sun fish - - but couldn't hook a trout to save my life.

But there were plenty of other people catching trout - - One teenager I talked to caught (and released) about 20 of them over the course of the day (with me personally witnessing him catch  over a half dozen of them), while a co-worker and his son caught 16 between them. 

One nice young man (and, as a semi-centenarian, I can get away with using expressions like that) even gave me one of the browns that he had caught, and I put it on the grill and had it for dinner tonight (my first cookout of the season) together with some veggies, a macaroni salad and a bottle of Bell's Porter.

lowaccord66

Re: Fish Pond Today
« Reply #1 on: Apr 04, 2020, 07:55 PM »
Good stuff Jim.  Almost time for me to come for another visit.  Wouldn't mind hitting the same stretch we did last year.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Good stuff Jim.  Almost time for me to come for another visit.  Wouldn't mind hitting the same stretch we did last year.

Agreed.  I'd love to "host" you again.

The DFW stocked that stretch just last week (earlier in the year than I can ever recall their doing before), but the stream is still high, fast and cold, so I'm guessing it should be reaching peak fishing perhaps two weekends (?) from now.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Agreed.  I'd love to "host" you again.

The DFW stocked that stretch just last week (earlier in the year than I can ever recall their doing before), but the stream is still high, fast and cold, so I'm guessing it should be reaching peak fishing perhaps two weekends (?) from now.

Will earmark some time for 2 weekends from now.  I liked that stretch and its technical fishing. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.