FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: i caught the biggest fish in my life.  (Read 1066 times)

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
i caught the biggest fish in my life.
« on: Jun 07, 2006, 04:34 PM »
well i took a trip to the salt on 6-6-06. i was trolling my favorite lure cathing schoolies and at 11:35a i had i hell of a hit . i set the hook and it took of like a train omg i'm thinking maybe i hooked a mooring or something i was going at a pretty good speed  up current so i kick it down pump a couple times it starts to thrash...my rods thumping i know i have a good fish now 10 min later across the river a get a flash of it under the side of the boat . all i see is white wider than my boat. now my hearts really pounding ...i'm thinking i have the state record...well 6min later i have all i can do to pull it to the surface with 50lb test and up comes this sturgeon my lure was in it front fin i reached down to grab the lure at the end of my boat and his tail from where i was started at the back edge of the windshield i take a good look in awe and pull out the lure.  wow i catch my breath. i measured it out from the back of the windshield to the end of the boat 8 feet so i'm not quite sure how big i know that it's 8' plus the tail and from the fin to end of nose. i figure it had to go about 10 feet and i'm not sure about the weight i know when he was worn out and just pulling it up was  all i could do with 50 pound test. wow what a day i could not get a pic the camera was in my bag and a fish that size i was not able to do much with it.

Slimechaser

• A sconni lawn ornament.
Re: i caught biggest fish in my life.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2006, 04:44 PM »
What a blast ifishi, count your blessings man, most people will never feel that. Unless you go deep sea fishing, you may never again either! Remember it forever!!
Rockbass - not just another pretty fish!
Got nymph?         I do!

fishinboy

• Team MI
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2006, 06:16 PM »
Dang, man, that would be amazing.  :o  A once in a lifetime experience to be sure, unless you target them regularly.
Ryan

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2006, 06:47 PM »
if you woudl ahve thrown your tourny card in the water, and snapped a pic, you could have took the anything cat. with flying color. No need for a ruler to verify size

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.