FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1475789 times)

Old Timer

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #8145 on: Apr 14, 2021, 03:49 PM »
It would increase the perch, the major food supply.   

cnypanfisher

« Reply #8146 on: Apr 14, 2021, 04:06 PM »
All I know is 5 walleyes is better than 3
😜

KingPerch

« Reply #8147 on: Apr 14, 2021, 04:42 PM »
The walleye better leave my perch alone!!! Nasty things!!!!😜
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #8148 on: Apr 14, 2021, 05:38 PM »
It would increase the perch, the major food supply.   

old timer i don't think you understand the walleye population is to high to sustain a healthy fishery ....there are simply to many walleyes
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

oneida1

« Reply #8149 on: Apr 14, 2021, 06:27 PM »
old timer i don't think you understand the walleye population is to high to sustain a healthy fishery ....there are simply to many walleyes
I agree and a big no to 15 perch as a limit,,, I guess i should start keeping the eyes i  toss back only kept like 2 limits this winter rather have perch,

trapper2000

« Reply #8150 on: Apr 14, 2021, 07:13 PM »
2X

Old Timer

« Reply #8151 on: Apr 14, 2021, 08:51 PM »
Guess I’m too old to understand that it good to take 5 eyes and 3 pails of perch a man out of the lake day after day while throwing back the drum, carp, gar, sturgeon, bass,  silverbass and other undesirable fish to propagate and in 8 or 10 years still expect to have a decent walleye lake.   We have heard little about gobies lately, they run in cycles and we are near to what they were several years ago when you couldn’t use a worm because of them..  we have been blessed with several good walleye hatch rate years.  The same couple bad years in a row and things can change quickly.  If there are so many small eyes in the lake and so many legal eyes and no forage fish,  they can and will start to eat their own..   
sorry for the rant....
L

cnypanfisher

« Reply #8152 on: Apr 15, 2021, 04:34 AM »
Some place in Wisconsin is selling smoked whole/no tail or head white perch for 14 dollars A pound. Good business opportunity for someone. We got some really big pickerel last weekend perch fishing, they didnt look like they missed a meal. Hopefully pickerel tourney at Vern and Mike's this year, that will thin them out, hook thiefs.

reeleyz

« Reply #8153 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:21 AM »
OT - I should have asked Cornell about the gobies.

My theory is that the gobies and the bass decline are the reason for the walleye boom. Most predators are eating gobies instead of young walleyes.

Angler harvest has been around 60,000 eyes a year.  At that rate it would take 20 years to catch the 1.2 million adult walleyes out there if there was zero recruitment to backfill.

I am sure the angler pressure and harvest will rise in the next few years.

First world problems for sure.

trapper2000

« Reply #8154 on: Apr 15, 2021, 06:47 AM »
Guess I’m too old to understand that it good to take 5 eyes and 3 pails of perch a man out of the lake day after day while throwing back the drum, carp, gar, sturgeon, bass,  silverbass and other undesirable fish to propagate and in 8 or 10 years still expect to have a decent walleye lake.   We have heard little about gobies lately, they run in cycles and we are near to what they were several years ago when you couldn’t use a worm because of them..  we have been blessed with several good walleye hatch rate years.  The same couple bad years in a row and things can change quickly.  If there are so many small eyes in the lake and so many legal eyes and no forage fish,  they can and will start to eat their own..   
sorry for the rant....
L

last i knew there was a 50  fish perch limit,if you can get 50 perch.....3 buckets a day!!!!! your a daisy if you do...... bottom line  Oneida is without doubt the best managed fishery in the state maybe country....this is just a management tool,oneida has changed limits and sizes in the past .....and done a great job............and white perch and shhep head ...let me check the market i'll take em............. all profits go directly to the  keep trapper fishing fund

redneck fishing

« Reply #8155 on: Apr 15, 2021, 07:50 AM »
Very well said !

bigal409

« Reply #8156 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:21 AM »
last i knew there was a 50  fish perch limit,if you can get 50 perch.....3 buckets a day!!!!! your a daisy if you do...... bottom line  Oneida is without doubt the best managed fishery in the state maybe country....this is just a management tool,oneida has changed limits and sizes in the past .....and done a great job............and white perch and shhep head ...let me check the market i'll take em............. all profits go directly to the  keep trapper fishing fund
So how do we contribute to the keep Trapper fishing fund?  :rotflol: :rotflol:

trapper2000

« Reply #8157 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:40 AM »
So how do we contribute to the keep Trapper fishing fund?  :rotflol: :rotflol:

you bring snacks!

bigal409

« Reply #8158 on: Apr 15, 2021, 10:41 AM »
you bring snacks!
Anything for you my friend  :thumbup_smilie:

oneida1

« Reply #8159 on: Apr 15, 2021, 05:19 PM »
the limit has changed alot over the year and more then likely will change several more times, when i was very young i think it was ten at 15 then 5 then 5 at 12in then  3 at 18in now 3 at 15, .... I still would like to see a slot, take the smaller eyes leave the big ones

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.