FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga 2021  (Read 106792 times)

LooseEye90

Re: Great Sacandaga 2020
« Reply #255 on: Sep 17, 2020, 11:14 AM »
Westport has been bad though so glad they are doing it.  Try willisboro.

Very true! Even when the water is up it can be tough so I’m glad as well. Willsboro is very much an option.

piscesman

« Reply #256 on: Sep 22, 2020, 06:29 PM »
Well, wife and I are closing the camp for the season this Saturday. Usually 45 minute job. Will be fishing 1 last time for walleyes and hope they are still where I found them before. Will post results. Good Luck to all. Have access to water if it's still deep enough...........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

lowaccord66

« Reply #257 on: Sep 25, 2020, 09:16 AM »
Very true! Even when the water is up it can be tough so I’m glad as well. Willsboro is very much an option.

Did you make it up?

LooseEye90

« Reply #258 on: Sep 25, 2020, 10:11 AM »

Did you make it up?

Nah, sounds like it’s kinda slow up north. Instead of chasing trout I stayed local to save some gas, went to toga for some Wally and Bass.  8)

jaconwall

« Reply #259 on: Sep 25, 2020, 10:18 AM »
How was the bite out on Saratoga Lake?  Pulling my boat from the lake tomorrow, and thought about a few day trips to Saratoga to get some October fishing in...

LooseEye90

« Reply #260 on: Sep 25, 2020, 11:27 AM »
How was the bite out on Saratoga Lake?  Pulling my boat from the lake tomorrow, and thought about a few day trips to Saratoga to get some October fishing in...

Bites was ok on toga, not hot and heavy but kept us interested. surface temp mid/low 60s.

lowaccord66

« Reply #261 on: Sep 25, 2020, 02:22 PM »
Nah, sounds like it’s kinda slow up north. Instead of chasing trout I stayed local to save some gas, went to toga for some Wally and Bass.  8)

Thats a fun trip and a way shorter drive! 

PeterCos

« Reply #262 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:08 PM »
LooseEyes90,  Was that bite walleyes or mostly bass?

LooseEye90

« Reply #263 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:23 PM »
LooseEyes90,  Was that bite walleyes or mostly bass?
Spent more time messing with bass than Waldos for sure. Got at least 8 jumbo sunnies on harnesses as well.

PeterCos

« Reply #264 on: Sep 27, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Always a lot of gills or sunnies when trolling harnesses on Saratoga. The walleyes should be better in in Saratoga if the numbers of stocked by the DEC are accurate or true. It always makes me wonder. I know survival rate is low, but they say they put 8 million fry in per year. I would think the results would be a little better. Used to fish it a lot but success on eyes was not great. Plenty of crappies in spring but waldo was pretty hard find in both hard and soft water seasons. Any opinions?

jaconwall

« Reply #265 on: Oct 02, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Fished Saratoga yesterday from 11 to 5.  Very windy, but calmed down later in the day.

Caught a lot of small bass and panfish on worm harnesses over by Mannings cove.

Went up fish creek later in day and caught 10 or so pike on spinners, largest was 30" or so but lost it right at the boat.  Was using the wrong rod and had no steel leader, right before my old man got the net on it he cut the line.

Either way, it was fun day even thought most of the fish were small.   Caught more fish in 6 hours then I caught on SAcandaga all year.

Next year, I need to figure out the bass and walleye on the dead sea....

lowaccord66

« Reply #266 on: Oct 14, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Always a lot of gills or sunnies when trolling harnesses on Saratoga. The walleyes should be better in in Saratoga if the numbers of stocked by the DEC are accurate or true. It always makes me wonder. I know survival rate is low, but they say they put 8 million fry in per year. I would think the results would be a little better. Used to fish it a lot but success on eyes was not great. Plenty of crappies in spring but waldo was pretty hard find in both hard and soft water seasons. Any opinions?

For what its worth I've fished there 2x with very limited walleye skills and took limits 2x.  All jigging.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #267 on: Oct 14, 2020, 06:16 PM »
For what its worth I've fished there 2x with very limited walleye skills and took limits 2x.  All jigging.

Sacandaga or Saratoga?

Never fished for walleye on either, curiosity has me wondering

lowaccord66

« Reply #268 on: Oct 15, 2020, 08:37 AM »
Saratoga.  All I can seem to catch at sacandaga is endless smallies.  Buddy of mine had a few really solid evenings at toga catching some decent keepers on a rattle trap!

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #269 on: Oct 15, 2020, 12:30 PM »
Saratoga.  All I can seem to catch at sacandaga is endless smallies.  Buddy of mine had a few really solid evenings at toga catching some decent keepers on a rattle trap!

Funny you mention rattle traps, the single walleye from that lake that I didn’t catch on a rattle trap was on a Senko.

And I still can’t find them through the hard water....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.