FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New York State Information  (Read 107380 times)

Salvelinus

Re: New York State Information
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 06:33 PM »
Glad to see that a forum like this exists!  Now I can get some decent fishing info and of course contribute some.

butch598

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 06:45 PM »
Thanks for the links , I can never find those free fishing days  :-*

dw198

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 09:19 PM »
Thank You.  Great info. and the Empire pass is a good deal.

thechief

« Reply #18 on: Mar 18, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Thank You.  Great info. and the Empire pass is a good deal.

I agree......

fishstick

« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:54 AM »
Wow.  Great info.  Thanks!

eddiew_29

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25, 2009, 05:04 PM »
this is a really great site! thanks for posting about it on ice shanty!

perchpirate97

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26, 2009, 01:34 PM »
great post, thank you!

pace

« Reply #22 on: Apr 21, 2009, 08:04 PM »
THANKS!

wickifish

« Reply #23 on: Jun 27, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Great links!  Thank you

tracker 1

« Reply #24 on: Jun 28, 2009, 06:33 PM »
 Here is another anti gun proposal from our wonderful state Assembly. You guys need to call your State Senators and tell them to vote no when these 3 new bills come up for a vote.. Here is a web site of our state senators , find your district and send him an email about these three bills. 
      http://www.nysenate.gov/nyss_senator_search/Your%20Street%20Address%2C145880

The 3 bills in question are : A01326, A01093, A00801A. If you guys don't say anything then it will be passed !! You need to contact your State Senator today or risk having the Government take away more of your rights.

http://www.gouverneurtimes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3261:ny-assembly-tries-to-tighten-gun-laws&catid=60:st-lawrence-news&Itemid=69

vogel451

« Reply #25 on: Jul 29, 2009, 06:25 PM »
Hello I've just bought a small boat "15' foot" with motor , and I need to know what all I need in the boat to be legal in New york state. If someone could post a link i would appreciate it thanks!
-Mclovin out

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Jul 29, 2009, 06:36 PM »
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

vogel451

« Reply #27 on: Jul 29, 2009, 08:41 PM »
thank you for the reply it was very helpful.  It answered a few questions i had,  however i think i didnt word my question right.  As far as life jackets, horn and or whissel, flares ect.  what do i need on a 15' boat with a motor?   Not sure what i need and/or dont need for the size of the boat.  Do the rules change with the size of a boat?  Im just repeating things ive heard.  Thanks again for your help
-Mclovin out

nessman

« Reply #28 on: Jul 30, 2009, 08:59 PM »
thank you for the reply it was very helpful.  It answered a few questions i had,  however i think i didnt word my question right.  As far as life jackets, horn and or whissel, flares ect.  what do i need on a 15' boat with a motor?   Not sure what i need and/or dont need for the size of the boat.  Do the rules change with the size of a boat?  Im just repeating things ive heard.  Thanks again for your help

http://www.uscgboating.org/SAFETY/fedreqs/equipment.htm

Basically...

• One PFD/life jacket for each person on board
  • One "throwable" floatation device
  • Three flares
  • Horn
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Lights (red/green on bow, white on stern) when operating after sunset
  • At least one oar

I also carry...
  • GPS
  • navigational charts for wherever I'm boating (or get the paper chart from any boat place)... you can also get these online for free from NOAA.  Maptech Chart Navigator Viewer is a free program to view free downloadable RNC charts from NOAA (the digital version of the paper charts) and does a very nice job
  • VHF marine walkie talkie (leave on Ch 16 - never know when you (or someone else)) may need it
  • Cell phone
  • Common sense
  • Enough fuel to get me back with some reserve - check tanks before leaving and know your gallon per hour burn rate
  • Anchor with 100' of line

There are some exceptions for boats under 16', but why risk it?  If you don't know, ask.  The stupid question is the one you don't ask.  Conditions can change out there quickly and it can get nasty out there on Oneida Lake in just a few minutes.  So be sure you check the weather before heading out (i.e., www.weather.gov - NOAA weather radio on the marine VHF walkie talkie, etc...)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #29 on: Aug 11, 2009, 01:21 PM »
you also need anchor rope and tow rope

i just take the  boats  down to the US Coast Guard station and have them inspected  ever  year it's free and they have all kinds of information and are always  a helpful bunch of  guys....

type of flairs depend on size of boat

you may also want to check   your county  sheriffs  dept as  fed  state and county  have  a few changes  and you want to meet all standards...... i know  for fact  one of which was length of my anchor  rope 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.