FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Slipbob's biggest walleye ever!  (Read 3447 times)

slipbob

Slipbob's biggest walleye ever!
« on: Aug 23, 2004, 01:21 PM »
I finally made it home to see my folks over the weekend and took a couple photos of my walleye mount that's still intact.  This fish was mounted about 12 years ago so it's still in OK shape but some of my other walleye mounts are no longer with us due to decay.   Anyhoo here's my finest walleye which was caught in the lower Oswego river which is home to the giant eyes of the east.  12lbs of Oswego eye.

[/img]

In the background is my brother's biggest walleye,  a 12lber he caught in the Whitney Point reservoir in upstate NY some years back.
/img]
[/img]

So there you have it folks.  I have not caught any walleyes to date to match that one but last year I caught and released a solid 9lb.

grumpymoe

Re: Slipbob's biggest walleye ever!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2004, 01:31 PM »
awesome mounts slipbob...they still look great after all these years....the author seems to be deteriorating a little though!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D....grump

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2004, 01:41 PM »
exactly...there's some good amateur taxidermists out there that dabble once in awhile...but a once in possibly a lifetime fish deserves the professional touch....and even then...you can get someone that hurries thing along too fast...resulting in one that looks like garbage pretty quick....grump

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Slip,  if you take it to a pro,  they can do spruce up!!!

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2004, 12:10 AM »
SWEET
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #5 on: Aug 24, 2004, 07:53 PM »
Whopping 34. hell boy I have one year on you. Are you calling me old??? ;) ;D ;D ;D Really nice walleye buddy. brings back memories eh. I to have one mounted on the wall but I really was stupid on that one. It was 1 inch short of a trophy. Shoould mount my brain on the wall for that one. Of course it would'nt takea big nail but anyway!!! ;D ;D
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2004, 09:06 PM »
Very nice mount, I like your mount much better than your brothers in the background. Excellent eye, my biggest is a 30"-10lber, but plan to top that next spring in Owsego, differntly the biggest ones I've ever seen comin from there, got to get into that next spring. VERY NICE EYE, SLIPBOB  :D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Reelmaster

« Reply #7 on: Aug 24, 2004, 10:34 PM »
oh guys the best is only to come. At 24 i can just wish to catch fish that big.  Oh well hopefully my turn will be in the short future.  way to go on those beauties.  thanks for sharing slipbob
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2004, 04:42 AM »
reelmaster i was 28 when I caught my first trophy walleye and I fish for them all of the time. It will come have patience. 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Jigwiggler

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2004, 07:02 AM »
Slipbob, those are both very nice eyes!!  :o
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.