FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FORT PECK SALMON TRIP  (Read 3680 times)

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
FORT PECK SALMON TRIP
« on: Jul 30, 2007, 12:23 PM »
Heading up north in a month for our annual salmon trip.  I heard from Gene at the Lakeridge that they were pickin up a few.  But you know how bait shop owners are.  They will tell you anything to get you in there to throw some bengies at them.  If anyone has any news on the status of the Kings give a holler please.

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

mttrout

Re: FORT PECK SALMON TRIP
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Heading up north in a month for our annual salmon trip.  I heard from Gene at the Lakeridge that they were pickin up a few.  But you know how bait shop owners are.  They will tell you anything to get you in there to throw some bengies at them.  If anyone has any news on the status of the Kings give a holler please.

Mooter you guys goin in Aug or Sept?

Neptune

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2007, 02:14 PM »
I'm going up there with my Dad and his best friend here in a little over a week.  We are going up to get some of those Kings!!!(I Hope).

Will be there fishing  August 10-13.  Going out with HiLine charters on Friday the 10th to get the lay of the land(I haven't ever fished Peck before).  Then using my boat for the remaining three days.

I believe there are at least some lakers and bigger Pike in my future!!!

I'm so excited I can't believe it, and my dad is too.  He like calls me ever other day to talk about it and make sure there isn't any other Chinook gear he should bring. 

We are staying at the cabins at Lakeridge lodge.

Good Fishing!

Mooter

• Tight lines and Throbbing Rods
« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2007, 02:27 PM »
Mooter you guys goin in Aug or Sept?

i will be there the weekend of the 18th and 19th.  My folks are going to be there the whole previous week

I'm a success oriented fishermen.

Neptune

« Reply #4 on: Jul 30, 2007, 11:30 PM »
i will be there the weekend of the 18th and 19th.  My folks are going to be there the whole previous week

Where are your parents staying Moot?  when are they getting up there?  Wish you were going to be there the same weekend, I'd like to buy you a drink and lie to your face instead of this Internet Crap...   :w00t: :rotflol:

Neptune

« Reply #5 on: Jul 30, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Silly little sideline about Fort Peck Reservoir, my grandfather helped build the dam.  When my dad was about 8 years old they lived out there and my grandmother use to pay my dad a dime for every fish he'd bring home that was table fare.  He made more than a dollar a day many times bringing home Perch, Northerns, and Walleyed Pike.

I know "things you didn't need to know"  but what the hell!

Good Fishing!

Neptune

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2007, 08:41 AM »
Moot,

I hope you have better luck than we did.  No one was catching Kings including us.  We caught one little 13" yearling that was wandering around and that was all we heard of anyone else catching also, just one other little guy. 

We caught all kinds of Macks, but that wasn't what we were after....

Good Luck, and let us know how you do!   Hey say hi to Gene and Donna for me...and Melvin if he's hanging around!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.