FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52722 times)

Garufi518

Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #210 on: Jul 16, 2018, 09:29 AM »
I had one right to the boat roughly 40” 25lb slipped my tail rope and missed the gaf no pic with her buT I kno she was tired for the rest of the night so I’m ok with that

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #211 on: Jul 16, 2018, 11:06 AM »
I didn't make it down until 2:30am Sunday so I missed the awesome Saturday bite. As far as Sunday the bite was still good but the Fish Gods weren't. Not to me anyways. LOL. Had 1 of those days where nothing wanted my lines. Threw the savages, Magic Swimmers Mackeral and Ghost. Stick Shads. All the same results.  :P
A lot of peddling and casting though. You just never know.  :o. Off to Loudon mid week for the races next weekend so it will be a couple weeks before I make it back down.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #212 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:11 PM »
For what its worth Jeff you couldnt find what I was throwing in an OTW report.  It paid big dividends staying away from whats become standard canal offerings. Think about what was popular 10 years ago there.  That type of stuff...before magic swimmers and stick shadds even.

For whatever reason I couldnt get a sniff on a stick shadd. 

lowaccord66

« Reply #213 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:22 PM »
I had one right to the boat roughly 40” 25lb slipped my tail rope and missed the gaf no pic with her buT I kno she was tired for the rest of the night so I’m ok with that

30lbs roughly and my bad.  Jig came out right when I was about to tail rope her, she turned and slowly dissappeared.  Ps..doesnt count since you didnt touch it...try again this weekend. 

Ive officially broken all three custom rods too...cms is my first stop...I wonder if there is a clumsy discount.

westernmas

« Reply #214 on: Jul 16, 2018, 12:39 PM »
For what its worth Jeff you couldnt find what I was throwing in an OTW report.  It paid big dividends staying away from whats become standard canal offerings. Think about what was popular 10 years ago there.  That type of stuff...before magic swimmers and stick shadds even.

For whatever reason I couldnt get a sniff on a stick shadd.

Yeah yesterday I only got hits on the savages.  Saturday morning you could have thrown a single hook in the water and caught a fish.  I however was probably the last person in my general vicinity to hook up.  The stripers were pushing the macks into the rocks.  I could have kicked stripers they were in so close.  They were keyed in on squid at first light and no one could catch anything.  Once the macks came in it was insanity.  I got my bigger one on a magic swimmer but was using it to snag macks and caught a striper when trying to catch bait.  My line was wrapped around the tip of my rod and it snapped the line instantly.  Rather lose a $20 lure than have to replace the rod.  Although I did find the top half of a rod sitting in the water right after that.  I got my smaller striper live lining a mack.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #215 on: Jul 16, 2018, 04:18 PM »
managed a 46in 35lb fish this morning on a swimmer. my fish was one of 5 i saw caught out of 100 people

lowaccord66

« Reply #216 on: Jul 16, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Nice! 

Garufi518

« Reply #217 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:23 AM »
One more day until we ride the lightning again!

lowaccord66

« Reply #218 on: Jul 19, 2018, 05:42 AM »
One more day until we ride the lightning again!

Can't wait to bump into Frenando again!

westernmas

« Reply #219 on: Jul 19, 2018, 08:06 AM »
I'm heading down tonight.  I've got tomorrow off but have an HVAC guy coming at 8am so I'll be going down and back all in one night.  I might need a caffeine IV on the ride home but I'll make it happen.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #220 on: Jul 19, 2018, 09:31 AM »
I am tempted but need to replace the top guide on my odm.  Plan is to hit CMS tomorrow am around 9 then setup camp at bourne scenic get to work.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #221 on: Jul 19, 2018, 10:43 AM »
I am tempted but need to replace the top guide on my odm.  Plan is to hit CMS tomorrow am around 9 then setup camp at bourne senic and get to work.

Hey Jon,

I might stay here in 2 weeks as well. Can you PM me some recommended tent sites? (I would be with the wife and 2 year old but we like as remote as possible )
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #222 on: Jul 19, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Hey Jon,

I might stay here in 2 weeks as well. Can you PM me some recommended tent sites? (I would be with the wife and 2 year old but we like as remote as possible )

I do not recommend it at all.  There is really no such thing as a remote site there and its under the bourne bridge which is loud.  However for a sleepy canal guy whos fished all night its suitable.  Miles Standish is somewhat close and much better for family camping.  With Bourne scenic they took a plot of land and jammed as many rv sites on it as possible..many of the tent sites lack shade.

It was my plan to put a popup down there this year but I didnt get to it. 

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #223 on: Jul 19, 2018, 11:20 AM »
Myles standish like Jon said

lowaccord66

« Reply #224 on: Jul 19, 2018, 11:28 AM »
Myles standish like Jon said

Last year.  Buddy and I are rigging eels late like 9pm getting ready for a tide.  We had 1 lantern going.  Lady comes up to us from the next site and demands we turn the lantern off because she cant "see her fire"

I don't do well with demands...so I told her where the ronz swims. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.