FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 3 way small mouth and Shrimp  (Read 5570 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
3 way small mouth and Shrimp
« on: Mar 22, 2005, 11:49 AM »
As mentioned in my 4way Whitefish post, this is something I like to do.  You can never please everybody but you can sure try. So here is my 3 way small mouth bass. These fish were caught over a week span last August. We went out every night from 6pm until 9:30. At the end of the week we invited a few people over and prepaired a meal.

[/img]

The First Dish is Smallie steamed in a tomato sauce with Portobello Mushrooms. I grabbed a can of tomato soup and mix it with some beef broth, add a little salt and pepper and some rosemary then let the fish soak for a bit. Chop up some Portobello's but leave big chunks so they still have that meaty texture. Then I put the mixture and mushrooms loosely in a heavy duty foil bag and steam in on the BBQ for 15 minutes or so. (The soup mixture can be come runny when cooked so if you like it thinker use tomato paste and beef broth.

#2) Steamed Smallie & Shrimp  with Garlic Butter, Citrus and Dill. Same idea as above, I like to lay our the fish and pour melted butter over it with some grated garlic and dill, then I lay a few onion slices on top of the fish and some lemon and lime sliced on the onion.  Then just throw in some shrimp on top. Unlike the last recipe I like to pull the foil tight on this fish so you don't get as much steam. Same cooking time

Last is just your average fried small mouth bass. I like to pan fry over deep fry and I usually use bacon fat instead of oil. (yeah i know, I will be dead before I'm 30) I toss the fish in a milk was then floured salt and pepper. Instead of traditional bread crumbs I like to take the croutons from a Caesar salad kit and grind them into crumbs, they add a whole new flavor. I also mix in some dill and Rosemary to tie this recipe in with the others.

I had left over shrimp so I grilled them up on the BBQ with butter and garlic and served them on the side. Then made some fresh buns and they you have it. Sorry I dont have more pics, just the befor and afters

[/img]

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: 3 way small mouth and Shrimp
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2005, 05:58 PM »
here are the 2 photos that would not show up in the post

[/img]

[/img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com