FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Best slipbobber set up for Cats?  (Read 4752 times)

ditto77

• Why work when you can Fish!
Best slipbobber set up for Cats?
« on: Jun 01, 2008, 01:04 PM »
I've been fishin lately below a dam and some people were having luck with slip bobbers. The current is rippin and pretty muddy but these people still pull in the channels. What set up would work best and what bait? any info would be greatly appreciated

gobiehunter

Re: Best slipbobber set up for Cats?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2008, 12:46 PM »
i use a large thill and a couple of 1/8 ounce splits (but i fish with very little current if the waters ripping i would use as heavy a split as I could),  circle hooks, and either fresh cut bait, chicken livers, or crawlers i set it so the bait floats about 3 inches off the bottom if it hits a shallow spot or a a brush pile let it sit before getting it unsnagged alot of the time the fish will do it for you  hope this helps shoot me back a post if your luck gets better

tight lines
Randy

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2008, 06:56 PM »
is it too snag filled for a bottom rig? Slip bobbers tend to be a pain in the neck to fish in heavy current.

ditto77

• Why work when you can Fish!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 05, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Gobiehunter thanks for the info. but what is a thill??
 Skipper, yes it would be nice to use a bottom rig but you get snagged about everyother cast it seems. thankyou for the replys!

gobiehunter

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2008, 10:26 PM »
Just a brand of bobber that I prefer. They come in tons of sizes, cast well and have a great float to size ratio

Big Brother

« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2008, 08:14 PM »

slipperybob

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2010, 12:18 PM »
Best advantage to a bobber is that you can fish over snaggy bottom, often that's a an eddy or pool right behind a buch of snaggy rocks.  Often there's snaggy wood in there too.  A big bobber that will hold up 1/2 oz sinker.   Use bait like crawler, leeches, cut bait, or wad of fathead minnows.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.