FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Noodlers  (Read 10264 times)

Reelmaster

Noodlers
« on: Aug 24, 2004, 12:55 PM »
just wondering how many people have tried noodleing. I just saw a clip on real tv  and i must say you guys  are brave.  Must be quite the fight but doesnt there sand paper like mouths chew the beje@#us out of your arm. :'(  Oh well you wont see my arm in any cats mouths any time soon.   :o ;) ;) :'
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good days work!!!

Hookset

Re: Noodlers
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24, 2004, 01:39 PM »
I saw it on a fishing show a few months back, somewhere in Alabama or Louisiana.  Those guys must be loco to jam their arm in a 75+ lb cats mouth and throw it in the boat.  I had a 15 pounder get ahold of me, and I tell you, it sucked.  No thanks!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #2 on: Aug 24, 2004, 03:26 PM »
I have seen it on TV practiced on the Ohio River and it's tributaries. On the Ohio for instance, they would wade out into the river until they hit the drop off, which usually happened when they vanished, then popped back up downriver. They reach into all sorts of logjams and other snarly junk and pull out fish. I have seen them pull out large flatheads, blues, channels, and other fish. Some guys have been bitten my cottonmouths and have scars to prove it. Another guy they call "ol' nubbins." He only has about 3 - 4 fingers on each hand because snapping turtles have bitten them off when he tries to hunt for cats. Crazy for even an extreme fisherman like me.

Tyler

Jigwiggler

« Reply #3 on: Aug 24, 2004, 03:46 PM »
How many of you have had a catfish's barbs jam you in the wrist?  That is what I would be worried about.  It hasn't happened to me but my dad got jammed one time and his hand swelled up like a jack o lantern.

Look under fishing pictures at Camofish's pics.  He got a nice slice from one this spring.

Yes, turtles are definately what I would be worried about.  I'm sure most of these guys have a small enough concentration of blood in there alcohol stream that they aren't too worried.  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Stink Bait

« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2004, 04:32 PM »
I live about 14 miles west of Tulsa, OK and about 3 or 4 miles from the Arkansas River and noodling is like a cult around here. There was one guy that drowned while noodling in the Arkansa at night a couple of months ago. He drowned in 3 or 4 feet of water (I just wonder if a cat had a hold of his arm). I see way to many cottonmouths when I'm out fishing to venture my hand in any holes. Not to mention that 150 pound gar are not uncommon in this part of the Arkansas. I think I'll pass on the noodling but these guys catch some really huge catfish using this method.

archbishop

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 05:36 PM »

I'm sure most of these guys have a small enough concentration of blood in there alcohol stream that they aren't too worried.  ;D

that is probably more true than any non noodler will ever know because if there doing that sober i would really be worried about them being on the streets ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Jul 30, 2005, 08:49 PM »
It takes a ton of ballbearings to stick your hand in a crevice.....hole....or whatever kind of structure with the expectation that a nice Kitty is going to chomp down and hold on until its thrown for the fishfry.......no way...no how.....never......its never going be be my cup of tea!!!.....but kudos to those that do.....Grump :cookoo:

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #7 on: Jul 31, 2005, 12:55 PM »
i try to stay IN the boat when i am catfishing.  ;D

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #8 on: Jul 31, 2005, 04:57 PM »
I figure if I was given the opportunity to I would go noodling at leaste once     
    Besides if I lost a figure it'd be one heck of a story to tell  ;D   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

pondpro

« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2006, 02:09 PM »
im a noodler and im only 15 and ur like 20 and up. whimps  :rotflol: :rotflol: ;D ;D
Tommy G.

crappieslayer22

• the kayak fisherman
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2006, 07:28 AM »
it dosnt hurt that bad and it will only sting for a bit do be sissy try it i got pondpro to do it i started noodleing when i lived in tennasee :flex: :afro:
Loren .W.

esox slayer

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 12:00 PM »
im a noodler and im only 15 and ur like 20 and up. whimps  :rotflol: :rotflol: ;D ;D

Let me ask you this youngster, since we're wimps..whats the biggest thats ever clamped down on your hand??
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 01:08 AM »

Wisdom mostly happens with age and experience.  So maybe you'll change your name to "Stubby Pro" in a few years  :rotflol: :rotflol:

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 02:55 PM »
yeah....this is what i call noodling http://www.catfishgrabblers.com/

super hot!!!!!!

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

Zorros shack

• This account is closed.
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:09 PM »
 :nono: I'll never try noodling and get my arm in a catfishes mouth!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.