FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Noodlers  (Read 10265 times)

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: Noodlers
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:39 PM »
:nono: I'll never try noodling and get my arm in a catfishes mouth!

a lot of guys wear gloves too

im afraid of reaching in and finding a snapping turtles mouth

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Zorros shack

• This account is closed.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2007, 03:33 PM »
  :D  im afraid of reaching in and finding a snapping turtles mouth Thats true and snappen turtles can snap off your fingar.

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2009, 11:12 PM »
sounds like a good item to have would be an underwater camera ;D

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 05:50 PM »
You can't use a camera for most water, due to most of the time the water is very murky.

I have done this years ago, before they even had a name for it.
Been shown this technic by a couple of my relatives from the outskirts of Pensacola FL.
Believe ya' me!...My uncle was one special! kinda individual! :blink: :D...When I seen him for the first time doing this, and pulling up out of the water, a 20+ lb. cat! I just about!...well you know. ;D
Needless to say. At the age of 13,  it didn't take me long to get into the water and learn how wrangle some of those behemoths out of the murky depths. A few things that enter your mind doing this, is possibaly putting your hands in the vicinity of a snappin' turtle, plus...your swimmin' with gators and cotton-mouths! ;D
I haven't really attempted this for a number of years now. But, wouldn't mind bringin' back some great cajun memories, and try it again. 8)
Oh yeah...those cats do clamp down pretty good. But, it's a little like winnin' a prize fight,...ya' gotta bloody some knuckles! ;D
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

fish_tko

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 09:06 AM »
If i knew for sure that it was a cat in the hole that i was reaching into i would have no problem as i lip most of the flatheads i catch anyhow, but between beaver, cotton mouths, snapper turtles, and everything else...not too sure about putting my hand into the unknown, but i bet to a noodler that is half the fun. How many long time noodlers have all 10 digits on their hands?

BBK

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Just remember to watchout for snapping turtles while noodling.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.