FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pumped for another year of catfishing.  (Read 18954 times)

Stink Bait

Pumped for another year of catfishing.
« on: Jan 26, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Well it will probably be another month before I start fishing again but I am already getting pumped about it. I recieved a pair of Rhino fishing pliers in the mail today that I had sent off for last summer. It was a free offer Rhino had if you bought one of thier new rods and I had pretty much given up ever seeing it. It was a nice surprise and better late than never. Then I turned on the TV and Roland Martin was on catching huge catfish and his wife even caught a spoonbill. Needless to say this stoked me up for fishing this spring. Me and a buddy are planing on going camping for a few days and snagging for spoonbills this spring and, as always, I am psyched about fishing the lake behind the house for some huge cats. Anyone else getting pumped out there?

Trophy Hunter639

Re: Pumped for another year of catfishing.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2005, 05:10 PM »
I wont be fishing for cats until june here in Manitoba but i was looking at my pics from last year and I'm getting pumped too!!I love huge channel cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Stink Bait

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2005, 03:34 AM »
Hey Trophyhunter, I saw a show on the outdoor channel today where they were fishing on the Red River in Manitoba. They were catching some huge channels there. Man, it  looks like a paradise for fishing in your neck of the woods.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Stink Bait it is pretty awesome for size and numbers of monster channel cats!My personal best was a FAT 41" here is the link to some of my cats last year http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=4735.0

Stink Bait

« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2005, 08:09 AM »
Nice looking cats there buddy. I finally got a digital camera for Christmas and I am looking forward to being able to take some pics myself this year. If I get some good ones, I'll post them so you can see.

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2005, 01:37 PM »
Stinkbait,

I'll agree, last year this time I was already fishing.  This year the weather won't cooperate as I look at my poles on the wall and wonder if the weather is every going to cooperate.

Can't wait for those late nights at the lake.

TReed
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2005, 11:44 AM »
This in a month from now, I'll sitting down in my catfishin' hole.  ;D
Can't wait, here are a few from last year.
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=1271.15
Fish On!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Hookset

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2005, 01:27 PM »
The boat comes out soon, then chasing the cats.  I may get an earlier start this year, see how it goes.  Sitting on the boat with rod in hand is never bad.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #8 on: Mar 15, 2005, 03:45 PM »
It's good too see some of my fellow catfish fanatics survived the winter ;D Up here in Manitoba it'll be a few more months until i get to go for cats but I can't wait to see some of your pics to hold me over till I can post some monster channel cats good luck this seasons guys 8) 8) 8)

camo_fish

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2005, 04:22 PM »
It's good too see some of my fellow catfish fanatics survived the winter ;D Up here in Manitoba it'll be a few more months until i get to go for cats but I can't wait to see some of your pics to hold me over till I can post some monster channel cats good luck this seasons guys 8) 8) 8)
Same to you bud, and you do get some monsters too.  :o bigger kitty then us.
 But I'll say 50 in one night to 5-10 monsters, I'll go with the quanity. I just like to catch'em, big or small.  ;D

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #10 on: Mar 15, 2005, 07:56 PM »
Yeah I'm about ready to hit the Colorado for some Cats. The extremely low flows have altered catfish location but if I can get into the big holes the channels will be there. Nothing like the Red River of the North, but a 10 pound channel isn't unusual. I have seen them into the 30 pound range. But catching half a dozen to a dozen cats that usually weigh 3 - 10 pounds is a great afternoon of fishing.

Tyler

Hookset

« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2005, 09:54 AM »
It's good too see some of my fellow catfish fanatics survived the winter ;D

And good to see that you guys didn't freeze solid up there this year.  I think us Nyers have a little something for you Manitobians (is that a word).  Red River, blah blah blah.  We had GE add some special chemicals to the Hudson that are going to help growth rates(or is that glow rates), I plan on catching a gigantic, heavily mutated cat this year that will send a wave of envy through our Northern friends. 

By the way TH, when are you coming down to NY??

camo_fish

« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:47 PM »
It's good too see some of my fellow catfish fanatics survived the winter ;D

And good to see that you guys didn't freeze solid up there this year.  I think us Nyers have a little something for you Manitobians (is that a word).  Red River, blah blah blah.  We had GE add some special chemicals to the Hudson that are going to help growth rates(or is that glow rates), I plan on catching a gigantic, heavily mutated cat this year that will send a wave of envy through our Northern friends. 

By the way TH, when are you coming down to NY??
TH has invited me up to battle some monsters, I'm sure that Hookset has the better funds for that than I do.  ;D

Hookset

« Reply #13 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:58 PM »
Had to post a picture.  What good is a catfish board with no catfish?!  An average catch from the upper Hudson.  Here kitty-kitty-kitty!!  BTW, the red blob is my buddies thumb, he's a better fisherman that photographer...thankfully for him.

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #14 on: Mar 16, 2005, 05:06 PM »
 ;D Hey Hookset if I could convince you boys to leave the chicken livers at home go with the fresh cutbait (where legal) you boys will be nailing the monsters!! If they get to 32-33" there are definatly some pushin hi 30's maybe 40" I want to see em ;D ;D This should be a great year guys hopefully I'll actually have some big cats to post. Hookset you made me post a couple too  8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.