MyFishFinder Tips and Techniques > Bait

Golden Shiners

(1/2) > >>

Flash_King:
Recently found a local (Small) pond loaded with nice 7-9in. golden shiners-perfect PIKE bait. I can catch them in very limited no#'s with  a small pcs of worm under a bobber,but ofcourse you catch sunnies by the pail ful for each shiner caught. tried the minnow trap -caught only  smaller reg. shiner and small sunnies.State(MA) limits the size of the trap opening.Do I take a chance enlarge the opening,or would this even matter. Need suggestions PIKE are waiting!

fishercat:
I catch mine with hook and line I chum them with a piece of bread. And once I have a school around get out the ultralight and bait up a #10 hook with bread. Add a small bobber they also can be fun to catch especially when a bass  comes up behind the shiner has you are reeling him in. :o :o

Pasquatch:
If you've seen my picture thread, you've seen how I've been getting them, small worm pieces under a bobber have worked magic. I don't know what else you could do, maybe a seine? :-\

nitzer:
where can i catch them in new york?????

88fishing:
try a cast net throw out some bread to get a good size school going then toss the net over them just remember MA has a 3' limit on the cast nets i plan on getting one soon too. i to have the same problem sunfish get the bait first but i know i can get them with the cast net

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version