FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pittsburg NH - October  (Read 1346 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Pittsburg NH - October
« on: May 23, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Is anyone planning on fishing the Pittsburg area in early October? Lakes, rivers, wading or boat it does not matter. It looks like I will be up there for a few days and I have never really gotten into fishing while up there, mostly bird hunting. I am bringing some spinning gear, fly rod and my waders. Just wondering. Thanks!
Wicked Wec

burgerunh

Re: Pittsburg NH - October
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Be mindful of what is open and what is closed to fishing.  I don't know the ins and outs of everything up there but I do know that the Big Lakes will be closed to the taking of salmon and lake trout.  Trout ponds are open until the 15th.  Rivers and streams you will have to look up as I am not sure.

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 12:55 PM »
I think* most of the rivers up there should still be open, but definitely double check. The salmon/lake trout lakes close end of September. 1st-3rd CT lakes and lake Francis are closed at that time as they are managed for lake trout/salmon.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:33 PM »
Great info guys, thanks. I will definitely double check. I know there are fly fishing only sections and a trophy section as well. Bird hunt in the morning and fly fish in the evening.... thats life.
Wicked Wec

AquaAssassin

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 03:43 PM »
one of my favorite things to do up there in October is a cast and blast trip when all my archery tags are filled. You’ll have a blast!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2019, 09:18 AM »
one of my favorite things to do up there in October is a cast and blast trip when all my archery tags are filled. You’ll have a blast!

If you plan on going up, let me know.
Wicked Wec

AquaAssassin

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Will do! It’s akways on a whim, litterally pending when my last archery tag is filled

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Pm sent Pal!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.