FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 4-7-07 badin  (Read 2464 times)

zooker

• member of the yadkin chain gang
4-7-07 badin
« on: Apr 07, 2007, 09:12 AM »
air temp 29 degrees. water temp 56 degrees. wind blowing 25-30 gusting OVER 50..

scraped the ice from my windsheild this morning.. launched at circle drive about 6:15 am -rather quiet and lonely- turned on my lights the hammer was prring in warm up mode.. i got on it 3 miles into the run the water went from rippled to UGLY i hit the first couple 4-5 waves before the boat slowed to a more agile speed. big waves and my course was right thru them.. tough, bouncing ride.. got to my hole which was a bit sheltered.  caught several bass deep 8-10 feet down on the "rig"one over 3 pounds. check several beds -no fish- this big low pressure front  has cooled the water and pulled them off the banks..
went out and fought the waves and caught 2 more one decent and this one.-my only crankbait fish-

went running with the wind -not fun- caught some big air upon landing rather hard my knee hit the key switch killing the moter.-oh CRAP!- seeing i was fairly close to the bank i had to climb up on pad INTO the wind.. BOUNCED, BANGED, AND HAMMERED my way to the next spot. which was under the full fury of the wind and waves..troller on 4 just to move every other wave it was clear of the water.. next run i figured to go back to the more sheltered end of the lake.-which it was-but i had to run ACROSS the wind direction which left me a bit umm "moist" as i was spearing about every 3rd wave with the bow.fished a couple more places figured screw it i was tired my troller was tired maybe tomarrow i headed post haste to the launch..

zooker

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.