FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: power outages  (Read 320 times)

myemmy

power outages
« on: Mar 24, 2024, 08:11 AM »
who lost power, who has lost power and back on now, lots of outages this morning

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: power outages
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2024, 08:32 AM »
Not even a flicker here..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Mbart

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2024, 09:15 AM »
My daughter lives in Delmar, NY and lost power yesterday around 2pm. Still without power as of 10 am today.

Bartman44

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2024, 09:38 AM »
Lost power for 2 hours yesterday afternoon.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2024, 10:06 AM »
No problems here

filetandrelease

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2024, 11:20 AM »

No power outage here 🙏

piscesman

« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2024, 06:15 PM »
We lost power around 2 pm. Waited 45 minutes then hooked up the generator. Came back on about 8 pm. Unhooked generator and turned main breaker back on. Longest in a while...........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

62 & Done

« Reply #7 on: Mar 24, 2024, 07:31 PM »
We got lucky this time     week or so back during the big blow we were out 25 hours     got a little chilly around here
   Near Amsterdam

UofLcards

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2024, 02:09 PM »
No issues here .....

Johnnh

« Reply #9 on: Mar 25, 2024, 06:24 PM »
We got hit real hard in NH. We only got about 8 to 10 inches of snow and about 1/2 inch of ice on top of that. Tree's down everywhere (lots of 80' tall white pines taking out power, phone and catv lines), roads closed, etc.
We lost power Saturday evening and got it back about 3pm today. At some point our town had greater than 70% with no power. We got lucky when a fleet of bucket trucks from Pennsylvania came up our road and replaced a few poles and repaired the downed wires. Current totals for the state are 111,000 repaired and another 45,000 still out.
I was a lineman in NY and have to say that working these type outages is rough on the body. (Retired and just an onlooker now)

Looking forward to real spring weather

62 & Done

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2024, 09:15 AM »
Glad your back on line Johnnh  Nice to have our comforts.  I was a DPW worker for 21 years, so I know all too well of working in the elements. I also remember being told come back to the office because it was too bad to be out there  (I did not plow)  But the power guys had no such luxury.  My hat is always off to them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.