FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373769 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #3645 on: Oct 17, 2021, 02:16 PM »
Forgot to mention that my Bride has only started eating fish in the last year. For 50 years she’s given me the “yuck “ look when I was eating fish. Something from her Mother I’d guess.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3646 on: Oct 17, 2021, 04:14 PM »
Yippee! I’m a happy guy.

As long as I can remember (I really should qualify that) I’ve loved Ralston Hot Cereal. Haven’t been able to find it in stores for many years. With the cool mornings and working on the golf course, I wanted a good, hot breakfast before heading out. On a chance, I did a search the other day for my favorite ( don’t really like oat meal or Wheatena). As usual, I found it on Amazon. I won’t tell you how much it cost ( it’s embarrassing). But it arrived today.

I do like Steel Cut Oats but it takes 25-30 minutes to make. I can microwave Ralston in less than 2 minutes .
Tomorrow morning, I’ll have a good 100% whole wheat hot breakfast to fuel me through the day. That’s food you can live on.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3647 on: Oct 17, 2021, 04:35 PM »
Nice bob ...I've never heard of that ...but I don't eat breakfast either ,just me seems to make me tired unless it's leftover dinner or like bacon or ham or something

fishinjohn

« Reply #3648 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:08 PM »
My daughter requested potato soup for dinner...

Mac Attack

« Reply #3649 on: Oct 17, 2021, 05:18 PM »
Leftover chili
Always better the next day!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3650 on: Oct 17, 2021, 06:18 PM »
Nice bob ...I've never heard of that ...but I don't eat breakfast either ,just me seems to make me tired unless it's leftover dinner or like bacon or ham or something

Eat some whole grain in the morning….or whatever hour you wake up and have to do what you do  ;)…you’ll be more alert and amiable. I’ve experienced a lot of grouchy people who don’t eat a decent meal before they go out to great humanity. Makes me want to shove a pumpkin in their face.

We need all the support we can get.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #3651 on: Oct 17, 2021, 07:48 PM »
Chili and garlic bread tonight.

gotagetm

« Reply #3652 on: Oct 18, 2021, 05:36 AM »
ill try that bob ,cant stand cereal ,got 7 spaghetti dinners and 10 chili dinners froze up for wife at work meals yesterday ,next its stuff for me Pierogies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3653 on: Oct 18, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Italian Mac and cheese tonight.. ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinjohn

« Reply #3654 on: Oct 18, 2021, 09:42 PM »
ill try that bob ,cant stand cereal ,got 7 spaghetti dinners and 10 chili dinners froze up for wife at work meals yesterday ,next its stuff for me Pierogies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yuuuuumo!!!
I'll trade ya,
Pierogies for fresh homemade hot dogs!!!!

gotagetm

« Reply #3655 on: Oct 20, 2021, 12:48 AM »
It's a deal!!!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3656 on: Oct 20, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Was all set to drop some chicken on the Weber and it started raining. Into the oven it went with some seasoned and screwed garden red potatoes.

Pretty darned good anyways.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3657 on: Oct 20, 2021, 05:11 PM »
Pork tenderloin and sauerkraut cooked all day in the crockpot and some carrots on the side…

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

fishinjohn

« Reply #3658 on: Oct 21, 2021, 07:32 PM »
 made loaded fries for dinner

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3659 on: Oct 21, 2021, 07:52 PM »
Superintendent took us out for season end dinner tonight at the club. Pub food…was ok. They go overboard to make stuff unusual.  Good beer though.

We don’t eat out much. Just don’t get what I can cook at home. Good time with the guys on the crew though. Can’t say there’s one I don’t get along with. Fun way to end the season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.