FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fast and Slow  (Read 138 times)

bogtrotter

Fast and Slow
« on: May 01, 2024, 08:18 PM »
I blitz-fished (ie., casting once or twice rather than a half dozen or more per spot to cover more water) the North Hoosic in North Adams,  from the roll dam (down from the Beaver Mill dam) to below the Eclipse Mill dam, between about 6:15 and 6:45 PM.

My approach yielded one 13" rainbow, which, while not huge, fought like a man possessed, and I released unharmed.

Then I walked back to my car and drove to Fish Pond (Windsor Lake), where at the very least I can generally count on catching a bunch of sunfish in a short time at this time of year.

But tonight the action there was surprisingly slow. 

An hour and a half of steady fishing produced just two sunfish, although, to be fair, I did lose what looked like a really big perch.

On the plus side, another fisherman gave me his trout (a 15" rainbow that he would have released but accidentally bled while reeling it in) and I found a ball-jig lure impaled on a cattail.

(Although I rarely use lures, I certainly find enough during the course of my travels.  Half of my gear, from hooks and sinkers to lures, to the occasional rod and reel, seems to be stuff other folks have lost or abandoned).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.