FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Huntington Resivoir or Salamonie  (Read 1904 times)

FishLust

Huntington Resivoir or Salamonie
« on: Aug 13, 2020, 08:46 PM »
Which is the best lake for bank fishing?

tater140

Re: Huntington Resivoir or Salamonie
« Reply #1 on: Aug 14, 2020, 07:43 AM »
I would say the Salimonie.  If fished Huntington once and didn't catch anything... that was years  ago.  I don't hear of people fishing it much, but with that being said it could be a hidden gem. 

FishLust

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2020, 03:04 PM »
I spent most of the day looking at different spots on Huntington lake. I found some promising spots but did catch any fish.  I had 2 carp/catfish rods set up and used bass/panfish baits.  Fished both up the river and down closer to the d**n. 

Any suggestions on where to fish in Huntington  lake. ?  I have M-W off with my son before go goes back to school and am hoping for a few good days. 

Also, is Claire lake worth fishing or should I just go to salamonie?

lovetfish

« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2020, 06:14 PM »
They should have there pier out at Huntington left of the boat ramp Salamonie has one down by the beach

lovetfish

« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2020, 06:18 PM »
They are large fishing piers

gilldan

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2020, 08:21 PM »
The large fishing pier broke away from the shore.  Probably happened when the res was 15' above summer pool back in June.  Frame is broken and lots of cement flooring tiles are missing.  It's just floating out in the middle of the bay.   People fish just to the right of the floating dock on the right side of the boat ramp.  Not very far out is a 40' hole.  If you are in a boat try the stick ups on each side of the Simpson Rd bridge.  Also the creek channel under the bridge is a good spot.  If ou look at a Huntington res. map you will see a dirt road to a dirt boat ramp east of the Simpson Rd bridge.  There are three places in that area to fish the creek channel.  You can also fish under the I-69 bridge but right now its a waste of time due to shallow water.  Might be 10" if you are lucky right now.

Lake Clair has bluegill, crappie, trout, bass that I know of for sure in it.  It probably has other fish also.  There are two small piers and plenty of places along the west side to fish as well as the two old beaches.  They fish the north part of the west side pretty heavy and the north pier I've been seeing people there a lot lately.   Last year that was the hot spot for gills.  The east side is hot for crappies but you need a boat.  good luck where ever you go.

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Navionics chart viewer online has it all.  around 15-20 dollars gets it on your phone also.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=it#boating@6&key=grwuF~cweO

RoeBoat

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Just a phone! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.