FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tackle ,lures baits ,etc  (Read 313 times)

myemmy

Tackle ,lures baits ,etc
« on: May 27, 2024, 03:16 PM »
Where,s your go to shop ,place or catalog to get your fishing needs ???

filetandrelease

Re: Tackle ,lures baits ,etc
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 03:56 PM »
 Got local shops , all season sports , fat Nancy’s , AAPs , mickeys bait and tackle , runnings watertown
 Far as ordering
 Dovesun, fish USA , bass pro ,S&S hunting

ECobb91

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 05:51 PM »
Tackle warehouse or Omnia for bass fishing

Fly Shack for fly fishing

Bass Pro, Walmart for anything else.

iceman260

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 04:55 AM »
Local shops bass pro, walmart and runnings.

Flukeman

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 08:39 AM »
All Seasons, Fat Nancy's, Lakeside Outfitters, Runnings, BPS, Fish 307, Tacklewarehouse, and Amazon.

62 & Done

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 09:40 AM »
I guess I use about all mentioned above from time to time. I will say that I've been to Bass Pro 3 times since early spring and the selection is not what it once was. I think the internet is about the only way to not be disappointed.  I still like shopping though.
I found Maynards Tackle last fall. They have some outstanding jigs for the ice fisherman, and they work.

UofLcards

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2024, 12:30 PM »
Fish USA and Northland fishing tackle for me most of the time.....

GenesCamp

• Nature's Fishbowl
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2024, 02:14 PM »
Here's where I buy all my stuff:

Local (NY state near or on the way to places I fish):

Walmart - yeah I know, crap selection but every now and again I score some great clearance items dirt cheap!
Fat Nancy's - hit it up mostly for live bait on the ride up for ice fishing trips, good tackle selection too.  Bought an otter flip over there per-assembled at a really good price a couple of years ago.
Chaumont Hardware - a must stop on any ice fishing trip to Chaumont Bay!  Love the information they provide on FB and social media throughout the year on conditions, especially during the hardwater season.
1000 bait shop - Expensive, but when I need something urgently on trips up north I know I can usually find it here.
Miller's Bait Store (Sunset Bay, NY) - great place to get minnows and crawlers for perch and walleye fishing on Lake Erie.
Catt Creek Bait & Tackle - Newer place, same as above except they have a more robust tackle selection. 

Not having anyplace really local to me, I buy almost all my tackle and gear online.  Here are the online retailers I shop:

The Hook Up Tackle - great tackle shop out in Arizona.  Great customer service, good prices, super fast shipping (free over $50), and lots of great online information and content on YouTube and other social media.  Also, since it's Arizona, tax free!  Great JDM selection. 

American Legacy Fishing - Limited tackle selection, but amazing place to buy rods and reels.  Great used gear selection.  They have some really amazing sales, I just scored a lot of great gear including Daiwa, Shimano, Loomis and Megabass at 25% off during their latest flash sales.  They have an elite program for $50 a year that's basically the Amazon Prime of fishing.  Free shipping on any order and 10% cash back towards future purchases on any order and some other perks.

FishUSA - for all my non-bass specific fishing needs (panfish, pike, walleye, etc.).  I've been shopping here more since they started carrying Megabass tackle.  I see a lot of you shop here, I hope you're all using Rakuten to get 5% cash back on your purchases.  If not - www.rakuten.com/r/ANTHON14611?eeid=28187 (full disclosure - use my link and we'll both get some $$$). 

Tacklewarehouse - they burnt me bad on an overnight order a few years ago, and their customer service has been pretty awful.  That said, they have an unrivaled selection of bass gear, especially terminal tackle and if I can't find it at one of my preferred shops, I'll get it here. 

Amazon - I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon, but not much fishing gear as their prices on tackle is usually pretty awful, but once in awhile I'll grab some smaller items here like terminal tackle if the price isn't too bad and I don't want to worry about free shipping thresholds at other retailers.   

wallyworld

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2024, 05:31 PM »
Always prefer to shop local (Fat Nancy', Woody's, All Seasons) so I can see what I'm buying. Had a stinger spoon that was catching fish, wanted to pick up another 1 or 2, looked local, no go. Found them online at Fish USA, even had the picture of it, so I ordered 2. When the package arrived the spoons were the same pattern but a totally different color from the original and from the picture which matched the color of the lure I had. I wrote Fish USA included a picture of my lure and explained my complaint. They responded quickly with an explanation that Stinger had updated the color. They refunded my money and did not ask me to return the different colored spoons. Great customer service!!! Just an example of the benefits of shopping local.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.