FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any idea about perch fillet on GRILL COOK?  (Read 18613 times)

nitro591

Any idea about perch fillet on GRILL COOK?
« on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:21 AM »
I am thinking about to bring fillet to Buffalo Bills and cook on parking lot. Can you tell me what should I do with cook? only I know is Foil wrap fillets with italian dressing. Is that good idea?

Thanks,
Nitro591

Boomer

Re: Any idea about perch fillet on GRILL COOK?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:27 AM »
Have you considered a grill basket???  I like bluegill fillets skewered on a stick and just a little seasoned butter over the top.  (Remember: doesn't take too long.) When I do the foil thing I feel like I am poaching in liquid more than grilling.

NYSporty

« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:39 AM »
Foil packet filled with perch a few pads of butter, Franks redhot, a pinch of crushed coreand seed, salt and pepper, slices of lemon on top if you like. Perch wont take long to cook I'd say 10min on med/low heat.
Buffalo perch.

nitro591

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Have you considered a grill basket???  I like bluegill fillets skewered on a stick and just a little seasoned butter over the top.  (Remember: doesn't take too long.) When I do the foil thing I feel like I am poaching in liquid more than grilling.

No I don't have grill basket. but I like to make simple not want to bring everything. just bring grill "no gas" and black olive oil, foil and italian dressing... Sound Good?

NYSporty

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2012, 08:43 AM »
Make all the packs up before you go then you can just toss them on.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #5 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Make all the packs up before you go then you can just toss them on.
THATS THE WAY TO GO,
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

grady95

« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2012, 01:47 PM »
On a grill, you're limited.  I would go with exactly what has been mentioned here.  Pre-made foil packs can be made in variety (Hot, lemon pepper, italian dressing etc) to suit individual tastes.  Maybe make a cornbread before you leave and wrap some pieces of that in foil too.  You could toss those for a few minutes and serve them up alongside.  Kind of like a tailgate version of a shore lunch.
Enjoy!
Grady

GAMBELL

• 24 lb. 11 oz. laker
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:33 PM »
Bring a cast iron pan and use it on the grill to fry them up.  Might as well stay out in the parking lot and enjoy perch because the Bills are horrbile.   ;D

bcons

« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2012, 02:42 PM »
Salad dressing works well, just another idea Kens Steak House brand Ceaser.  Only kens because it's oil based with no cream.  The bit of cheese in it with a little more kick than the italian, slight savory sour bit to it less sweet than regular italian.  Its great on beef & vension too.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

August West

« Reply #9 on: Oct 17, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Wrap those babys in bacon with a toothpick to hold it together. Just keep your eye on them and turn often, as the bacon will snap crackle pop.
Just like bacon wrapped scallops...guarantee you will have a gaggle of tailgaters surrounding you ;)
AW

perchpirate97

« Reply #10 on: Oct 17, 2012, 09:56 PM »
bring a turkey fryer, beer batter and deep fry! we always have a perch fry for the miami home games, "squish the fish!"

jj7leaf

« Reply #11 on: Oct 18, 2012, 04:02 AM »
Wrap those babys in bacon with a toothpick to hold it together. Just keep your eye on them and turn often, as the bacon will snap crackle pop.
Just like bacon wrapped scallops...guarantee you will have a gaggle of tailgaters surrounding you ;)
AW

I like that idea AW. I don't plan on doing it on a tail gate but the bacon wrap is a nice twist from the oil treatment they usually get.

filetandrelease

« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2012, 04:32 AM »
AW

that sounds like a winner to me

rnksurfnturf

« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2012, 06:52 AM »
AW

I just did bacon wrapped walleye kabobs a week ago! When they are done add a drop of your favorite bbq sauce on the bacon!

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

nitro591

« Reply #14 on: Oct 18, 2012, 07:30 AM »
AW

Very Interesting! should bring iron pan? or just only grill or put foil on grill? I would like to learn about this... HELP! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.