FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bullheads  (Read 16837 times)

iceman13166

Re: Bullheads
« Reply #15 on: Apr 01, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Yes sorry for any confusion.  Lakers I mean the bigger bullheads from Lake Ontario and not the smaller sweeter river bullheads.  Headed back out tonight to fill buckets.  Giving away to families in need that are outta work and need food for their table.  I'm fortune enough to still have to work but am always looking to help others less fortunate.  Tight lines guys

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Your a credit to those who call themselves fishermen. Tons of good karma coming your way.

Good luck tonight.

Rg.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Apr 01, 2020, 03:33 PM »

Very nice iceman

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #18 on: Apr 01, 2020, 11:20 PM »
Yes sorry for any confusion.  Lakers I mean the bigger bullheads from Lake Ontario and not the smaller sweeter river bullheads.  Headed back out tonight to fill buckets.  Giving away to families in need that are outta work and need food for their table.  I'm fortune enough to still have to work but am always looking to help others less fortunate.  Tight lines guys
Outstanding !!!   :thumbup_smilie:

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #19 on: Apr 02, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Way to help out your neighbors iceman. Has anyone found any mudsuckers inland a ways yet? I've tried all week and they don't seem to be in this far yet. I am a ways up the creek from the river though

Badbrad2186

« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2020, 09:23 PM »

That a good dead sir I cant keep fish at my house long enough to give anyway as 4 kids and the wife like them as much as I do

wally13

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2020, 09:30 PM »
VERY NICE ICEMEN

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2020, 03:39 PM »
There's some bullhead out there.

Got these between 11 and 2. Think I'll go a bit earlier tomorrow.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Beekeeper1099

« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2020, 03:58 PM »
Those will be good eats RG

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Apr 04, 2020, 05:12 PM »
Yeah man!
A few big ones but mostly 10-12". Gonna gift a batch to my neighbor who just lost his job. Worked in a cabinet shop that closed....permanently.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #25 on: Apr 04, 2020, 06:29 PM »
Sweet Bob.
I love bullhead.
And I haven’t fish for them in many years.
Maybe I’ll head out for some this week some day.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #26 on: Apr 05, 2020, 04:33 AM »
Love bullhead fishing Mac. Almost as much as bullhead eating👍

The pond I fish is part of a chain of 3 large ponds. There's a pretty good flow of water through it even though it's only 3-4' deep. It has always produced for me. I've taken to fishing it a bit differently. Normally I would use either a slip sinker or tight line rig. This pond sits east to west and almost always has a cross breeze. I'm not a fan of plunking a bait on the bottom of a silty pond so I used to fish it tight line....bottom sinker and hooks up the line. Hard to see a subtle bite in a cross wind.

So I started placing a fairly large round foam bobber at about the total depth of the water, 3-4' up the line. I found it keeps the bait off the bottom and i can see the bite no problem.  No worries about cross winds either. Just leave the line slack.

I'm only fishing 15-20 yards away from shore. Makes things simple.

Rg

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 05, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Love bullhead fishing Mac. Almost as much as bullhead eating👍

The pond I fish is part of a chain of 3 large ponds. There's a pretty good flow of water through it even though it's only 3-4' deep. It has always produced for me. I've taken to fishing it a bit differently. Normally I would use either a slip sinker or tight line rig. This pond sits east to west and almost always has a cross breeze. I'm not a fan of plunking a bait on the bottom of a silty pond so I used to fish it tight line....bottom sinker and hooks up the line. Hard to see a subtle bite in a cross wind.

So I started placing a fairly large round foam bobber at about the total depth of the water, 3-4' up the line. I found it keeps the bait off the bottom and i can see the bite no problem.  No worries about cross winds either. Just leave the line slack.

I'm only fishing 15-20 yards away from shore. Makes things simple.

Rg
I talked to a guy fishing that very rig last week.  It was working well for him.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #28 on: Apr 05, 2020, 08:21 AM »
Nice bullheads Bob..
 The other red meat.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Apr 05, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Went today and only got 2. Ya just never know unless you go.

Still, fish fry in a little while👍

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.