FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Canadian border closed but...  (Read 2368 times)

taxid

Canadian border closed but...
« on: Mar 18, 2020, 04:58 PM »
I'm confused. So if the Canadian border is closed to non-Canadian citizens or permanent residents to slow the spread of the coronavirus, but U.S. citizens are still be permitted to cross into Canada why bother? Don't get me wrong I'm good with this as I'm a U.S. citizen complete with a passport and may be traveling north to do some fishing but...?

Does anyone see where I'm going with this?

I guess it applies to flights coming in?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fish/hunt4ever

Re: Canadian border closed but...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2020, 11:22 AM »
I heard you could still cross bit had to be quarantined for 14 days. So being out in a lake by yourself might be just the thing. Not sure if they would allow this or not.

WonderBread

• I'm as old as my nose, and older then my teeth 🎣
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2020, 11:38 AM »
I am personally glad of this decision and it will become clear as to why. I have always lived in the Niagara region. With that said, I have always had family on both sides of the border. In addition, I am married to a Canadian woman, who has long since become a citizen of the United States. Her son\ my stepson, has decided to make his home in Canada along with his American fiance. Which means that our grandchildren are Canadian. And all this is just the recent tip of the iceberg, I have relatives in Canada from my late fathers side of my family, and my wife has a large extended family in Canada as well.
Therefore, we don't need to look at the border as a "Berlin Wall" so to speak. It's nice that we will still be able to see one another when and if we need to. 😃
WonderBread

WonderBread
(Avatar: fly fishing the Ausable near Wilmington, NY. 2001)

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2020, 10:03 AM »
Border is closed to all non-essential travel - both directions.  I'm sure there are exceptions. But in general, no visitors,shoppers, vacationers, etc.  Commercial trucks are still moving as they were.
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

WonderBread

• I'm as old as my nose, and older then my teeth 🎣
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2020, 07:53 PM »
After further investigation, the Berlin Wall has been erected. My wife and I are now segregated from our children and her side of the family. Sad times indeed.
😥😢
Prayers and blessings for us all.     
WonderBread
(Avatar: fly fishing the Ausable near Wilmington, NY. 2001)

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2020, 12:24 AM »
you have to walk the tunnel nude where you will be sprayed to decontaminate.

I'd rather run.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2020, 02:13 PM »
sad times indeed!  goodbye freedom.  at least we got to know how it used to be!  will never be the same again.  even the fishing hunting sites aren't freedom.  the sensor us more and more each year.  likely why most have stopped coming around.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/doj-suspend-constitutional-rights-coronavirus-970935/?fbclid=IwAR3PcaGjI61vf80RkDwSkAPh3pTcrVBo5_xyTxrq_q82prCuiR8we0JFUfk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.