FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: St Johns River/Lake Monroe Questions  (Read 6506 times)

PeterSaloom

St Johns River/Lake Monroe Questions
« on: Mar 01, 2016, 08:59 AM »
Hi.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I am an avid bass angler from New England and recently I found out I may have the chance to make a trip down to Florida in May for a family event. I was thinking it might be possible for me to turn this trip into my first opportunity to fish in Florida as well. I will be staying in Deltona and noticed while looking over some maps that Lake Monroe, and the St. Johns River are close by. I have heard a lot about the St. Johns river over the years being a great fishery and am very interested in it. I haven't really heard anything specifically about Lake Monroe. I was hoping I could get some advice/insight from some Florida anglers on whether this area would be a good place to give it a try? Not looking for any spots just looking for info on boat ramps, general things to be aware of, and info on the body of water. Also, I know FL fishing is a world of difference from New England so any tips on gear or tackle would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

Tilted

Re: St Johns River/Lake Monroe Questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Hey Peter ... I'm from Salem Ma and have fished the St. John's a few times. I'll send you a PM with some info that I've found useful... I'll get to you in a day or so... If you don't hear from me send me a reminder.. Tight lines
Chasin brown fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.