FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saratoga  (Read 1120 times)

Bluegillonafly

Saratoga
« on: May 07, 2020, 03:45 PM »
Called the state park about the park pass for seniors, which allows free access to the launch on weekdays.  No one picked up so left a message.  A rep from the office left message today saying they are not issuing any passes because the boat launch is closed.  WHAT?  All other OPRHP launches throughout the state are open.  I can’t believe that’s true. Gentlemen, please confirm/deny this.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Saratoga
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 04:26 PM »
I read that the campsite will not be opening until after Memorial Day. So I would guess any area that requires an attendant is closed. At this time the DEC launches on this lake are open, if we don't screw it up...h2l

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:55 PM »
Hunts.....the boat launch is not a DEC launch, it’s a state parks & rec launch, that’s why I called the Saratoga state park office, which manages the launch.  So, you have launched from there this year?  There is no attendant there, just a kiosk where you pay and some volunteers who check boats for invasive.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 06:03 PM »
No, I have never launched for there. I am just saying that State parks at this time are not being opened. The DEC launches are open, but who knows what will happen once better weather and more people show up to use them...h2l

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 06:52 PM »
The State parks on Cayuga are open, I am all set to put the boat in the Tremen state marine park on the 15th.  That is instead of the normal May 1st opening.  Talked to them and got my slip rental paperwork back last Thursday.

SeanP

Jpb

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 04:38 PM »
Launch is open. Used it today. No issues.

Bluegillonafly

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 05:28 AM »
Thanks Jpb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.