FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: Any Erie Tributary Steelheaders out there??  (Read 2676 times)

fishingood

Any Erie Tributary Steelheaders out there??
« on: Oct 12, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Fished 16 and 20 mile creeks last week with the fly rod, and did pretty well. We started early at 16 mile, and found a decent pod of fish under the bridge. Hooked up with about 7, landed 2 of them ( one on a black wooly bugger, the other on a pink sucker spawn, unfortunately, one flopped around and got away while I was removing the fly, and the other swam under the rock ledge I was standing on, so I didnt get any pictures, definitely bringing the net next time). Moved down a bit, and found another 25 or so in a small hole in the faster water. Had some hook ups here, and missed a nice one that had to be in the 30 inch, 10 pound range, that parked itself on the other side of a downed tree. All in all a great time.

Now, I'm planning to head up tomorrow and Friday (already booked a room), and I'm wondering if someone (preferrably a local or someone currently fishing it) could keep me posted on the conditions, as I know they are calling for alot of rain. Although, last week, the water was so low, and some parts of the streams had half their width completely dried up, that I'm not sure how much difference the rain will make.

nindo24

Re: Any Erie Tributary Steelheaders out there??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2021, 11:09 AM »
Plan on going up 10/26 to try to put a hurtin' on them.
Keep Your Stick On The Ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.