FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lily pond  (Read 10920 times)

mainefishin8

lily pond
« on: Apr 13, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Im thinking about fishing lily pond in new gloucester this weekend and was wondering where to fish it, best lures, should i fish it with a canoe, or from shore, am i more likely of catching brookies or bows'. any info would be awesome......thanks!

bluefinforme

Re: lily pond
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Im thinking about fishing lily pond in new gloucester this weekend and was wondering where to fish it, best lures, should i fish it with a canoe, or from shore, am i more likely of catching brookies or bows'. any info would be awesome......thanks!
I went last weekend...brookies,bows, bass, and crappie is what we caught....it's a small pond so I can't give ya specifics....but they were rising everywhere.....better get there early too...grey ghost caught fish, as did a secret fly  ;D

Morin88

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2006, 11:32 AM »
 cody, that pond isnt difficult to fish. try small white marabou streamers, like a montreal sleeper.  you will catch both brookies and bows. we'll go sometime.
" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

lowrider1340

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2006, 12:10 PM »
We fished it the other night  with no luck.   But it was nice to get out.  I have luck with brookies and bass and crappie there in the past.  I would love to get a rainbow.  It is about 10 minutes from my house.  I use a canoe.
Gut Fish?

mainefishin8

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13, 2006, 05:39 PM »
thanks guys, im going to give it a try this weekend with hope to get into some trout, and scott should i try that streamer u gave me??? im thinking that with some spinners........

Morin88

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2006, 12:49 AM »
i have never got any bass or crappies out of there. i fished it about 1/2 a dozen times last year and only caught brookies and rainbows. oh well, im not complaining.
" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

jared jackson

« Reply #6 on: Apr 22, 2006, 05:16 AM »
yea it can be hot or cold   live right around the corner and showed up the other day to a guy cleaning about a dozen fish on the shore. when i asked him if he knew about the limit he said he found em dead by the shore (ok i have heard it all now) 

sparky

« Reply #7 on: Apr 22, 2006, 06:09 AM »
those d**n fish are always jumping out of the pond and dying ... what an idiot . and I don't mean the fish!!! even if he did find them, it is illegal to be in possession of more than the daily limit..
All fisherman lie , except for you and me and I not sure about you .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.