FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bait?  (Read 1583 times)

longhaircamo

bait?
« on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:09 PM »
what is the best bait for catfishing. I'm going to be catfishing all this weekend and was wondering from a bunch of fishers if you could help that would be very helpful
anthony

junior88

• Captain Insano Shows No Mercy !
Re: bait?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2009, 09:16 PM »
The first time I actually targeted cats my friend and I used fried chicken. No kidding. It had to be from Fredricktown Grocery. It filled our stomachs and caught us fish. Since then, cut bait has been pretty productive as well as crawlers.

longhaircamo

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2009, 10:58 PM »
thanks for the help
anthony

Boomer

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2009, 11:17 PM »
I like some of the prepared dough baits. Channels seem to like it (1.5 to 5+ lbs) I have used all of the following: hot dogs (really cheap ones), shrimp, crawdads, live minnows, dead minnows, cut shad, bluegill tails - backs - guts - gills (all sunfish work), squirrel guts (in season) shad guts; chicken livers (fresh/frozen; rotten ones) nightcrawlers, Wheaties doughballs and a whole lot more. Just about anything can work on the right day. Last weekend the big bait was crickets! (Forgot about catalpa worms and grasshoppers)  Goodluck and let's see some pics on Monday!

longhaircamo

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2009, 11:22 PM »
all right will do thank you so much you really have been a great help
anthony

BlackIce

• MFF Mod Team
  • R U scared
« Reply #5 on: Jun 12, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Mainly been catching them on crawlers.  My biggest one of the year was caught on a mini mite tipped with a leaf worm when I was targeting panfish.  From what i can tell they will hit just about anything.
Stop Lurking -  Join today!

FISHAHOLIC-19

« Reply #6 on: Jun 12, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Fresh cut creek chubs do the trick for me.

BBK

« Reply #7 on: Jun 13, 2009, 06:10 PM »
The first time I actually targeted cats my friend and I used fried chicken. No kidding. It had to be from Fredricktown Grocery. It filled our stomachs and caught us fish. Since then, cut bait has been pretty productive as well as crawlers.

Did you happen to catch any black crappie by chance? I heard they hit on fried chicken.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2009, 06:58 AM »
Did you happen to catch any black crappie by chance? I heard they hit on fried chicken.

That must be an Iowa thing!!!!!!!!  lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.