FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: few walleye  (Read 1502 times)

gill gitter

few walleye
« on: Jun 14, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Little late getting these pictures up. Went to Turkey last weekend looking for gills got some but found some others lurking. Was fast action when the schools came through. Bagged these three and lost two. Not a bad day and good eating!!!! All fish caught in 10 fow on worms and leaches. G]

gill gitter

Re: few walleye
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2009, 11:46 PM »

walleyeboater

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2009, 05:01 AM »
Them kinda look like sauger to me. Still good though.

derslayer1

• EAT SLEEP FISH
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2009, 06:40 AM »
Definitely walleyes, they have a white tip. I believe they look a little blotchy cuz they were prolly on a stringer, and not a live well. Nice catch tho....congrats
EAT SLEEP FISH

northrn-duck-assassin

« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2009, 11:57 AM »
deffinetly walleye but yes they are blotchy years ago i put mine on a stringer or even a cooler of ice they looked like that after about an hour or two.
its more than catching food, its also catching a piece of mind and integrity within

gill gitter

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2009, 02:53 AM »
i actually got in late due to staying for the walleye bite at dark so i took them from the livewell to the fridge. i snip the gills when i catch them to bleed them out so i don't mind waiting till the morning to clean them.i'm pretty sure that big turkey only has walleye and no sauger but yes either way their both good eating.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.