FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: tournaments?  (Read 1895 times)

bluegillmaster2011

tournaments?
« on: Jun 18, 2009, 11:54 AM »
eveyyone will probably have to agree with me, tournaments are more fun to fish then just going out for the fun of it.. thats my opinion anyway but i never hear about them intell after they happen. is there a web site or something where i can find a list of all the local tournaments going on?
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

Boomer

Re: tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 18, 2009, 12:50 PM »
Here is a fun tournament for the kids. The Hoosier Bass'n Gals (spelling?) hold a tournament on Monroe Res the first of August. There is a panfish division and a bass division. Centered on kids (parents can fish but cannot include their take). Fun!!! for the kids. I had a lot of fun too. No pressure - just keep the boy with one pole in his hands at all times. The girls had breakfast for us then had plenty of snacks and drinks when we got in to weigh. Also served lunch. Also they had stuff for all the kids before they left to fish and plenty of items when they got back. If you have kids 12 or under the panfish division is GREAT. Next year we have to move up to bass.

tarantula

« Reply #2 on: Jun 18, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Bluegillmaster there will be a crappie tourney on
Lake George in Hobart, IN. on June 27th from 6-11am
I hope you can attend. Info is on another post titled
Crappie Tourney

Get_the_Net

« Reply #3 on: Jun 19, 2009, 08:31 PM »
eveyyone will probably have to agree with me, tournaments are more fun to fish then just going out for the fun of it.. thats my opinion anyway but i never hear about them intell after they happen. is there a web site or something where i can find a list of all the local tournaments going on?

If you are interested in Bass tournaments, here are some sites that have tournaments in the area you can fish.  Another source is Lunkers, as thye have fliers for open bass tournaments right when you go in the door near the tackle area.  You can also join a local bass club if you don't have your own boat or don't have the experience to compete yet.  Bass clubs are a good way to learn pretty cheap, before you start paying quite a bit of money to fish.

www.michianaweeknighttournamentseries.com

www.nbaa-bass.com

www.anglers-dream.com

www.southwestmichiganbass.com

bluegillmaster2011

« Reply #4 on: Jun 19, 2009, 09:44 PM »
thanks! the bass clubs your talking about though, like what are they? are they just ''less-talented'' competitions or what? and also is there a age limit or anyhting on the tournaments because im only 16?
cold morning air+ smell of exaust and the roar of the motor starting=HEAVEN

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2009, 06:38 AM »
thanks! the bass clubs your talking about though, like what are they? are they just ''less-talented'' competitions or what? and also is there a age limit or anyhting on the tournaments because im only 16?

pm sent

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2009, 08:18 AM »
bluegillmaster, that Bassin Gals tournament has an age limit. You may be at that age where you may be the oldest one there. Check it out. Go to their web site - search engine it.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #7 on: Jun 21, 2009, 08:58 PM »

They are not less talented at all.  What alot of them do is have a mix of 'boaters' and 'non boaters' and they are paired randomly at each event.  The boater controls the boat the entire tournament since it is his boat and the non boater fishes also mainly from the back of the boat.  It can be a great learning experience for the non boater when you are paired with many different boaters over the course of a couple years.  I have not been part of one of these clubs for many years so they may have changed since then, but if you don't have a boat and want to compete this is one way to do it.

The other events I listed often draw alot more boats than the club tournaments do and pay out alot more money (which means increased entry fees).  Therefore the competition is often more diverse and you have to beat alot more boats to get in the money.  I prefer team tournament and the ones I listed are all team events.  There are issues that can arise when 2 guys are in a boat and competeing against each other, especially if one guy controls all boat movement.

rat-l-trap

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Bluegillmaster
I have been a member of a bass club for 15+ years now
It is a great way to learn tournament fishing
And meet a lot of new people
Go to www.indianabass.com and look around
on the tournament page there are open and club events

Mossy

« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2009, 04:46 AM »
I have not done the club fishing in many a years, in fact back in the 80's I was with the Wawasee Hawg Hunters.  First or second year fishing the club, got to fish the Top 6 (yes 6 LOL) on Wawasee.  So much fun and a great learning tool, I can still remember that group of people and they were some great fishermen and friends.

Does anybody know if they are still around?

Mossy
Fishing is a way of life

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.