FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle
This board sponsored by
Please visit out sponsor FishUSA.com

Author Topic: BRADYS LAKE  (Read 24783 times)

Spider1

Re: BRADYS LAKE
« Reply #45 on: Sep 08, 2018, 06:13 AM »
oh man I wish... I got the kayak strapped to the top of my beat up old Forester, all my gear is in the back except for my FF battery which is home waiting to get charged. And hear I am on Saturday morning at work. But, I'm ready if the opportunity presents itself ;)

‘Ol Snakebite (RuttNutt)

« Reply #46 on: Sep 08, 2018, 04:32 PM »
SPIDER ROCKS!!!°
HE COMPLAINS ABOUT BEING BUSY BUT,HE GETS OUT MORE THAN ALL OF US.LOL.

LOL! Ain’t that the truth, Chez?!   ;D

Imbit

« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Due to the incessant deluge since mid June, the Delaware River has been out of commission so with Pecks and Minsi drained, my only option has been Brady's - been out a half a dozen or so times.     I did pretty well on the bass in September - believe it or not, on topwater mostly.   I may give it one more shot tomorrow.   Funny - I always drag a big rapala behind me and troll when I'm coming in from the narrows back to the launch at the end of the day - I'm 6 for 6 ... always get a bass or pickerel on the troll in.   Biggest pickerel ever last time out doing that ...

Imbit

« Reply #48 on: Jun 07, 2019, 04:53 AM »
anybody been to Brady's yet this year ?

vemonator

« Reply #49 on: Jun 07, 2019, 02:05 PM »
I'm hoping to get out there next week I nf everything goes good

Spider1

« Reply #50 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:27 AM »
I was up there this year. Got a few small crappies and a couple gills, gave them all back. It was a bluebird kinda day and I had to leave before the evening bite. I decided to just have a paddle around the lake instead of fishing much so I dragged a spoon behind me. That's how I caught most of the fish. The Osprey were there, it was good to see them. The herons weren't there, I didn't miss them though... dang nasty croaky birds. Lots of tourons but it was the 4th of July weekend.

Imbit

« Reply #51 on: Aug 06, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Hey Spider - nice day on the water.    I've caught most of my crappies the same way - dragging a spoon behind me when moving from place to place.     Been fishing the river more this year, but hoping to get out to Bradys soon...

Spider1

« Reply #52 on: Aug 07, 2019, 05:25 AM »
I wanna get up there with a couple dozen shiners. Nothing was biting on night crawlers except for a few little pumpkinseeds and they mostly just stole the bait. But the boathouse has a $20 min on credit cards and I don't carry cash very often. Last time I got bait there it cost me over $50, LOL!

vemonator

« Reply #53 on: Aug 15, 2019, 09:54 AM »
wow people still use live bait???im sold on power bait n a plain ole jighead

Spider1

« Reply #54 on: Aug 26, 2019, 05:25 AM »
my hero. yes, people still use live bait...

I was back on Brady's this weekend. the wind was up all day and it made it hard to stay in one spot. I fished the edges for sunnies and picked up a couple decent gills. Got a few small crappie while trolling a spoon, had to keep a 9" crappie cuz I trashed it's mouth trying to get the treble out. Enough for a few tacos but still not a great day. There were a few other people out there fishing and a fleet of pleasure paddlers. I didn't see anyone catching much out there.

Imbit

« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Spider ... I hear ya - Brady's is tough going when the wind blows (which is most of the time up there unfortunately).    Sounds like you made the best of it ... I tried Hidden Lake north of Stroudsburg over the weekend for a change - really weedy, but managed a half dozen nice LMB (13-15" range).

Spider1

« Reply #56 on: Aug 28, 2019, 05:05 AM »
oh geez, I haven't been to hidden lake in years! Last time I was there, there was an Osprey dive bombing trout and I caught a snapping turtle on a yellow Rapala!

Imbit

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2020, 09:43 PM »
THinking about heading up to Brady's this weekend ... fishing from a boat is about the most COVID safe activity possible outdoors.   Anybody been up there yet ?

Spider1

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2020, 05:19 AM »
I was up there a couple weeks ago. The water was still too cold and nothing was biting. Might be a good weekend to hit it.

Imbit

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2020, 06:45 AM »
Thanks - if the wind doesn't blow too hard, I may take a ride up ... will post if anything is going on yet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.