FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512978 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2280 on: Jun 21, 2018, 08:39 PM »
Those are ATC's beds Dom...unless his name is Bob also ;D

And, they sure do look good.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2281 on: Jun 21, 2018, 09:14 PM »
Thank you both for the kind words.

Dan is the name officially, although Bob is a fine name as well.

boondox

« Reply #2282 on: Jun 21, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Could try to drowned the squirrel  a garbage can half full of water with a ramp leading to it cover the surface of water with seeds like sun flower seeds or similar.. then leave a trail of seeds up the ramp for it to follow..  once it sees what's in the garbage can  it might jump in and drowned not being able to stand up to get its head above water.. if the seeds get water on them check the trap.  With a minnow net see if the little bugger drowned.. it's how we do it around here they think there diving in to a bucket of seeds for some reason??

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2283 on: Jun 22, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Really no need to dispatch the little bugger. He's just living life. Smelled the neighborhood skunk last night. He probably put holes everywhere too looking for worms. I hate to fence everything. It looks terrible.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2284 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:02 AM »
The heat must have gotten to me.. ;D ;D ;D
 Awesom ATC.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

tomturkey

« Reply #2285 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Raq Hopefully the cool weather we have gets to you soon. A nice 59* here this morning. No complaints about that from me.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2286 on: Jun 22, 2018, 06:15 AM »
Tom it was 44* earlier this morning.  Love it...
Been working on the mum fields standing on all the black fabric  in the sun is not fun. 
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2287 on: Jun 23, 2018, 04:16 AM »
I have a mole or vole who's taken up residence in my herb garden. He won't go for the mouse trap with peanut butter and I've tried the Poison Peanuts ......still there. Anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of him?

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2288 on: Jun 23, 2018, 06:54 AM »
I've read capsaicin or hot pepper sauce, but I wouldn't be afraid to try the ammonia on a rag thing they tried to get Mac to do for his woodchucks, only scaled down.   :)
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2289 on: Jun 23, 2018, 07:25 AM »
Or maybe try those sticky traps around the hole.  ???
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2290 on: Jun 23, 2018, 07:54 AM »

RG I hope it’s a mole , voles breed up to 12 times a year and have from 2-10 pups , my daughter had a colony is was a nightmare trying to get rid of them

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2291 on: Jun 23, 2018, 08:32 AM »
I can’t confirm it’s effectiveness, but I’ve heard people trying hollow pinwheels around an active hole/tunnel. Apparently the vibration of the pinwheel’s stem deters the mole and it will relocate. But even if it works, it’s merely a temporary solution, yet gets it out of your herbs

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2292 on: Jun 23, 2018, 10:01 AM »
This year is my first attempt at growing zucchini and summer squash. At the neighborhood bonfire last night, had a friend ask me “how do you treat moldy leaves?” My response was simple, I don’t have any!

Fast forward to this morning, went to the garden first thing and sure enough, I have early signs of mold!

Anyone have tips on how to treat the leaves? Quick google search suggested tablespoon of baking soda diluted in a gallon of water for a few consecutive days. And to avoid watering from above (sprinkler)

zwiggles

« Reply #2293 on: Jun 23, 2018, 12:05 PM »
ATC, I always have the same problem with mine. Unfortunately, I have not found a good fix.

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #2294 on: Jun 23, 2018, 12:54 PM »
Zwiggles, do you trim them off or leave them on?

We have 2 straight days of rain forecasted, going to try the baking soda therapy Monday

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.