FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 43974 times)

LooseEye90

Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #195 on: Aug 13, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Thanks for the report H2L! I havnt been to the lake in a few weeks, headed up to Champlain last weekend to chase lakers and silvers  :D. It’s amazing how quick summer can pass you by....

lowaccord66

« Reply #196 on: Aug 13, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Thanks for the report H2L! I havnt been to the lake in a few weeks, headed up to Champlain last weekend to chase lakers and silvers  :D. It’s amazing how quick summer can pass you by....

X2 thanks Doug.  Maybe Ill make it once it quiets down. 

Tom Hannock

« Reply #197 on: Aug 13, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Fished last Saturday from 12 to 4 with a fellow MFF member Grandpa Jack and did well.  We ended up with 9 keepers and a half dozen shorts all vertical jigging plastic and hair up in the north arm.  I went out of Day again yesterday morning about 11, perfect conditions cloudy with a little breeze and limited in probably 25 minutes with some nice ones up to 18" all on a plain 1/4 oz. bucktail.  Fastest bite of the season for me.  Stuck around and did some C&R on several more keepers and shorts and came home and mowed the lawn.  Most places have no fish at all but when you land on em it's game on.  Late August and September is usually the best walleye fishing of the season as they really start to stack up. Lake is getting low but that just means more walleye in less spots until you can't launch anymore :tipup: 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #198 on: Aug 13, 2018, 01:22 PM »
I like to fish that end of the lake but it is a long run for me. I bet it has been over 20 years since I launched at Town of Day. May have to make a change. I keep hoping that water temps will drop and the bite will pick up....h2l

rondog

« Reply #199 on: Aug 13, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Doug
Stay in your own end of the lake, I don't want you giving  the fish in the other end bad habits
  :whistling:

Tom Hannock

« Reply #200 on: Aug 13, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Doug
Stay in your own end of the lake, I don't want you giving  the fish in the other end bad habits
  :whistling:

You tell em Ronnie my number one "net man" 8)  Nothing to see up north in the skinny part of the lake :sleep1:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #201 on: Aug 13, 2018, 03:05 PM »
Why would I want to go fish where "anyone" can catch a fish? I prefer a challenge....h2l

Tom Hannock

« Reply #202 on: Aug 13, 2018, 03:24 PM »
Why would I want to go fish where "anyone" can catch a fish? I prefer a challenge....h2l

Well if you change your mind and need a good net man rondog is your guy :laugh:  He also knows all the DEC guys on the lake really well from what I hear  :whistling:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #203 on: Aug 13, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I gave the DEC guys a picture on his boat, told them to keep an eye on him. They then report back to me on where he is fishing...h2l

rondog

« Reply #204 on: Aug 14, 2018, 05:07 AM »
When they stopped me on Sun.they were on the big State Police boat one DEC, guy and a cute (Women ) Trooper. The second one was a DEC. guy on a jet ski , he zoomed to about 100 ' stopped to put his official hat on then came over.
As many times that I've been stopped this year, I was thinking maybe someone did give them a picture of my boat,now i know

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #205 on: Aug 14, 2018, 06:12 AM »
I was checked by a guy on jet-ski a couple weeks ago down by Fishhouse….h2l

rondog

« Reply #206 on: Aug 14, 2018, 07:46 AM »
Tom  Hannock isn't saying that I'm a good net man What he's saying is that he catches all of the fish and I've got the net :w00t:

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #207 on: Aug 14, 2018, 08:39 AM »
We all knew that. I am a pretty good net man myself, but I fish alone most of the time...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #208 on: Aug 14, 2018, 11:40 AM »
Surprised to hear DEC has had time to check fishermen with all the pleasure boats in that lake!

rondog

« Reply #209 on: Aug 14, 2018, 12:00 PM »
I know a group of guys that fish it every weekend and one of us always gets checked, usually not bad they don't have you bring your lines in,  they get alongside and travel with you unless there is a problem or the guy has a reputation for being a s... head. They usually just ask to see your license, PFD. and they ask if you have fish, all from a distance, Not a bad experience

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.