FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52826 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2018, 10:06 PM »
Ok now that I am awake....  I fished all three nights and landed 4 shorts....I do prefer night fishing  however when you find out you slept through big bass over 50" it rattles you.  Sunday afternoon I was knocked out.  Meanwhile the canal coughed up a few bass. 

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2018, 11:32 PM »
i know the feeling i have done it numerous times.

lowaccord66

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2018, 05:31 AM »
i know the feeling i have done it numerous times.

I hate it!  Happens to me a lot.  Its ok though because once it gets really hot I can find the big girls in the holes most nights. 

capedeer/fish

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Ok now that I am awake....  I fished all three nights and landed 4 shorts....I do prefer night fishing  however when you find out you slept through big bass over 50" it rattles you.  Sunday afternoon I was knocked out.  Meanwhile the canal coughed up a few bass.

Haha....didn’t mean to break yer heart. They left again yesterday.
IndianHill Icetrap Pro Staff                                               SavageGear Product Tester         Dexter-Russell outdoors Pro Staff   ODM Rods Pro Staff

lowaccord66

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2018, 09:30 AM »

Haha....didn’t mean to break yer heart. They left again yesterday.

Haha its alright brother!  Weekend of June 8th Ill be down Thursday night through Sunday.  That Friday is my birthday.  Lets fish!

westernmas

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2018, 01:49 PM »
I'm heading back down Friday night.  Should be back at the ditch before sun up.  I'm still kicking myself for leaving 6 hours early Saturday night.  Looks like the wind is switching again right around the weekend.  Hopefully the same thing that happened last sunday happens on saturday.  Knowing my luck it will be a sunday thing again.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2018, 02:43 PM »
I'm heading back down Friday night.  Should be back at the ditch before sun up.  I'm still kicking myself for leaving 6 hours early Saturday night.  Looks like the wind is switching again right around the weekend.  Hopefully the same thing that happened last sunday happens on saturday.  Knowing my luck it will be a sunday thing again.

I was going to go down again myself but am going to wait until the following week.  Hang with my girl and daughter instead.  Maybe get the boat going.  Btw good fishing with ya Pat!  Till next time.

Weekend of 8 June.  Holes in striper mouths!

westernmas

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2018, 03:03 PM »
I was going to go down again myself but am going to wait until the following week.  Hang with my girl and daughter instead.  Maybe get the boat going.  Btw good fishing with ya Pat!  Till next time.

Weekend of 8 June.  Holes in striper mouths!

Jon, it was nice fishing with you as well.  Nice to have some company.  We need to meet up again to change our luck.  Between night fishing Buel and the canal we haven't had much luck together.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2018, 06:32 PM »
Jon, it was nice fishing with you as well.  Nice to have some company.  We need to meet up again to change our luck.  Between night fishing Buel and the canal we haven't had much luck together.

That will change!  Eel season approaches.  Did you see all the coyotes on your ride back west?  I cam accross maybe 15 of them.  Night creatures like to mess with me there.

westernmas

« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2018, 09:19 AM »
That will change!  Eel season approaches.  Did you see all the coyotes on your ride back west?  I cam accross maybe 15 of them.  Night creatures like to mess with me there.

No missed them luckily.  I've usually got my eye out for vagrants and junkies.  They are more dangerous.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2018, 10:11 AM »
No missed them luckily.  I've usually got my eye out for vagrants and junkies.  They are more dangerous.

True.  Never leave your stuff in the bike or up top.

manitron

« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2018, 11:10 AM »

So I guess it wasnt just my bad luck that put the whammy on us at Buel.    ;D

lowaccord66

« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2018, 12:04 PM »
So I guess it wasnt just my bad luck that put the whammy on us at Buel.    ;D

Im almost certain Pat had a banana somewhere.  Once he and I were gone those bass decided to eat.

That night at buel might as well have been in Siberia!

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2018, 08:50 PM »
Nice Jon. I have yet to make a ditch trip this year but its coming soon.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

westernmas

« Reply #89 on: Jun 04, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Fished the canal from about 530 to noon on Saturday morning.  The fish were pretty tight lipped and really keyed in on live macks.  In general some people got a few schoolies on lures but the only keeper that I saw caught was on a live lined mack.  I could see smaller stripers push the macks up against the shore.  The schools of macks were small, like maybe 30 in a group, so snagging them was difficult.  We ended up with a skunking, outside of a cunner and line wrapped seagull (which we were able to safely release), and the gentlemen we spoke to seemed to experience the same.  I guess a school of macks and bigger stripers pushed through the east end around 8 but it was short lived.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.