FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52832 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #90 on: Jun 04, 2018, 10:25 AM »
People were lucky to catch a few to 35lbs.  Only lure that would work apparently is magic swimmer.  Days like that are tough!  Ctown was out there too.   Thursday night to Sunday for me this week.

westernmas

« Reply #91 on: Jun 04, 2018, 10:41 AM »
People were lucky to catch a few to 35lbs.  Only lure that would work apparently is magic swimmer.  Days like that are tough!  Ctown was out there too.   Thursday night to Sunday for me this week.

Yeah magic swimmers were what I saw the schoolies caught on.  They were also what they were snagging the macks on.  Unfortunately I didn't have any with me.  They have a great action but dont cast great and the line always seems to get fouled up around the hooks.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #92 on: Jun 04, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Yeah magic swimmers were what I saw the schoolies caught on.  They were also what they were snagging the macks on.  Unfortunately I didn't have any with me.  They have a great action but dont cast great and the line always seems to get fouled up around the hooks.
I'm mostly a jigging guy myself but Magic swimmers and the Sebile stick shads are always with me at the ditch. Had a morning last year where the jigs were not working. Put on a Mackeral stick shad and 3 casts in a row produced fish in the 30lbs range.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #93 on: Jun 04, 2018, 11:45 AM »

Im not a fan of them myself.  Being that I am usually gone by morning I don't use them often.  They do work well though. Also take the rearmost treble off.  Helps the cast. 

Stick shadd was what I got my pb on so I cant speak badly about those. 

Eastciderida

« Reply #94 on: Jun 07, 2018, 12:07 AM »
Sitting out here now waiting for the tide to change over no luck last turn around hopefully morning bite is better. Lots of squid out there right now just took a couple casts.   Hoping for my first canal bite

lowaccord66

« Reply #95 on: Jun 07, 2018, 01:39 AM »
Always fish slack tide there hard.  Black purple metal lip slow works nice when squid are around.

lowaccord66

« Reply #96 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:04 AM »
Headed down tonight, tomorrow night, and Sat night.  Excited as always.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #97 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:11 AM »
Headed down tonight, tomorrow night, and Sat night.  Excited as always.

Staying down there or making the run daily? ITs possible that I may be able to head down saturday and fish the night
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #98 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:14 AM »
Staying down there or making the run daily? ITs possible that I may be able to head down saturday and fish the night

Not sure yet.  I think tonight I'm going to make the run.  Then maybe camp at bourne scenic Friday and Saturday night...I will be out Sat night for sure so shoot me a text.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #99 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Not sure yet.  I think tonight I'm going to make the run.  Then maybe camp at bourne scenic Friday and Saturday night...I will be out Sat night for sure so shoot me a text.

When you say camp do you mean crash in the vehicle? (sorry, remember never fished the canal before nor am I familiar with that area)

If i were to make the run it would be a family day saturday, rent a room and then fish when they fall asleep. I will text you if these plans work out. Long shot with vacation next weekend but you never know.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #100 on: Jun 07, 2018, 11:42 AM »
I mean sleep in a tent at bourne scenic park.  I used to sleep in the vehicle alot years ago.  Now because of the drug issues down there you get harassed by the cops.

trophyhntr

« Reply #101 on: Jun 09, 2018, 09:50 AM »
made my first trip of the year today. fished 3:00am-9:00 this morning. moved around a bunch after sunup, only saw one schoolie caught. I jigged up a big sea robin. wasn't very busy with people which was nice. anyone else seen or heard anything?

Garufi518

« Reply #102 on: Jun 09, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Fished canal last night from 1030-sunup went with a local FLY FISHING BRO both caught a couple schoolers  was also my first time there and first two striper

lowaccord66

« Reply #103 on: Jun 10, 2018, 01:13 AM »
Couple schoolies for me.  215am now. Overslept...headed out.

boondox

« Reply #104 on: Jun 10, 2018, 02:06 AM »
@lowaccord66 hope you tear them up we need some pictures in this thread!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.