FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52688 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #135 on: Jun 13, 2018, 11:41 AM »
I know even 5 years ago there was only a couple of people doing banal videos. Now everyone is a expert and makes videos claiming that they know it all. "Look mommy I threw a stick in the water and caught a fish". It's all nonsense.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #136 on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:08 PM »
I know even 5 years ago there was only a couple of people doing banal videos. Now everyone is a expert and makes videos claiming that they know it all. "Look mommy I threw a stick in the water and caught a fish". It's all nonsense.

Social media. That's why I do not own it and do not watch it..... except for IS and MFF.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #137 on: Jun 13, 2018, 12:12 PM »

Yup it's pretty overt if you ask me.  Sure its a big famous striper spot.  However my buddy pointed out last night.  Some googan put up a vid shortly after finding bass early in the canal this season.  Just makes me scratch my head.  Not to mention a couple years of seeing 10's of thousands of pounds of dead bass lining 7 miles of each side when someone posts about a blitz in fb right when it happens.

I like sharing here but thats about it. 

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #138 on: Jun 13, 2018, 01:23 PM »
Social media. That's why I do not own it and do not watch it..... except for IS and MFF.
Ditto here to
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

lowaccord66

« Reply #139 on: Jun 13, 2018, 01:46 PM »
That might be the reason the people Ive met from here have all been awesome.

boondox

« Reply #140 on: Jun 13, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Yup it's pretty overt if you ask me.  Sure its a big famous striper spot.  However my buddy pointed out last night.  Some googan put up a vid shortly after finding bass early in the canal this season.  Just makes me scratch my head.  Not to mention a couple years of seeing 10's of thousands of pounds of dead bass lining 7 miles of each side when someone posts about a blitz in fb right when it happens.

I like sharing here but thats about it.

Ya we get the surf fisher here to they surf the Web stealing spots then fish them that's why I don't ask for the spot picture of fish cought at that spot maybe close ups of fish esle ware etc etc.. Funny thing is people post false spots weeks later to tick off those that are looking around here.. like on fish brain app we do that to the local googans all the time.. also it's just fun and games it take many years for these fishermen to figure things out but takes seconds to wreck it.. by posting location etc on web.. time frames when stuff cought..  heck I even baited people to areas by sitting in that spot year after year with a lawn chair for a few days the fun and games we have with people !! I think they still think fish is in that hole??

lowaccord66

« Reply #141 on: Jun 13, 2018, 06:31 PM »

Ya we get the surf fisher here to they surf the Web stealing spots then fish them that's why I don't ask for the spot picture of fish cought at that spot maybe close ups of fish esle ware etc etc.. Funny thing is people post false spots weeks later to tick off those that are looking around here.. like on fish brain app we do that to the local googans all the time.. also it's just fun and games it take many years for these fishermen to figure things out but takes seconds to wreck it.. by posting location etc on web.. time frames when stuff cought..  heck I even baited people to areas by sitting in that spot year after year with a lawn chair for a few days the fun and games we have with people !! I think they still think fish is in that hole??

It's just a shifting dynamic in regards to how tech plays into fishing. The problem is, people would burn their own souls on youtube and many are happy to sell their fishing exploits for a few bucks.  To each is own but for me it's not why I fish. 

I also find these types can't produce content at night which is a beautiful thing. 

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #142 on: Jun 13, 2018, 07:49 PM »
At this rate the canal may be loaded with people day and night.

lowaccord66

« Reply #143 on: Jun 13, 2018, 08:19 PM »
Its been busier but not intolerable.  Last Friday we got mugged and setup less than than half a pole away in the middle of the night.  Once it gets hot (if it does) it gets quieter aside from comm guys. I dont know how the weekday nights are anymore.  Usually dont get the chance to fish them.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #144 on: Jun 13, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Its been busier but not intolerable.  Last Friday we got mugged and setup less than than half a pole away in the middle of the night.  Once it gets hot (if it does) it gets quieter aside from comm guys. I dont know how the weekday nights are anymore.  Usually dont get the chance to fish them.
i fish the west end at night and its usually dead. never fished east at night so i wouldnt know.

Garufi518

« Reply #145 on: Jun 14, 2018, 04:58 AM »
Deff space invaders pew pew

lowaccord66

« Reply #146 on: Jun 14, 2018, 06:08 AM »
i fish the west end at night and its usually dead. never fished east at night so i wouldnt know.

Depends on how far east and the time.  I find 12-2am is pretty quiet over all.

Yes Shawn space invaders.  Couldnt give them lip though didn't want them to know we were in prime turf.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #147 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12:04 PM »
Heading down now until sunday evening. heard the fishing is picking up too.

lowaccord66

« Reply #148 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Heading down now until sunday evening. heard the fishing is picking up too.

Same here.  Have to work until 6.  There were fish then they moved quite a bit.  Thank god!  If it had stayed good this weekend would be packed.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #149 on: Jun 15, 2018, 04:46 PM »
They are still catching. Will be a zoo tommorow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.