FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing update  (Read 3530 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Fishing update
« Reply #15 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:58 AM »
I don’t keep many fish myself either.  I was just pointing out that it seems to be the pattern, less people are bringing fish home. I personally wouldn’t want to waste them either, so other than the pike, I’ve let just about everything go. I almost feel guilty for keeping the salmon I caught this year, it’s the first one I’ve caught in almost 3 years since I don’t get to fish the big lakes much, just fly fishing the river during fall, and that’s almost The definition of insanity in practice. It’s the only one I’ve ever kept, and I do have to say she was delicious baked with butter, lemon and herbs.
If I do keep fish, it’s usually invasives or from put and take places. Last year I did bring home two buckets of crappie (two different trips) and one badly hooked togue that was under the slot. Those I brought over to my family’s restaurant to be prepared and shared with family and employees.
Though I enjoy fighting pike, any caught from there gets fed to the eagles.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

JDK

« Reply #16 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Sew the 12 inchers on and send them back.

# SAND

Turnbuckle

« Reply #17 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:34 AM »

Thought about it!  I’m changing it up next week. Got some heavier rods, bigger lures, got the boat to go slower. Going to try some new things I’ve been reading about and break the mold. Can’t let you guys up there in the county be catching all the big fish this year.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

stguy

« Reply #18 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:43 AM »

"Well you see sir, I read on the internet..."

JDK

« Reply #19 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:18 AM »
"Well you see sir, I read on the internet..."

It's what you don't read on the internet that is important. 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D
# SAND

franklin fisher

« Reply #20 on: Jun 02, 2018, 07:02 AM »
  Getting out four days a week is great. Especially with the kids.  Good post.

fish wayniac

« Reply #21 on: Jun 02, 2018, 07:36 AM »
You and your family have been staying on the fish. Awesome!

Turnbuckle

« Reply #22 on: Jun 03, 2018, 07:24 PM »
Got some decent salmon today middle of the day, high sun, at 38 feet down. Was surprised and didn’t expect much. Surface temp was on average 64 degrees, in around the beaches was 67. I went swimming for awhile today and it was pretty awesome.

Pretty good weekend. Caught a bunch of salmon and brook trout yesterday (sat) in the Moosehead region with my buddy, had breakfast (sun) in Greenville at the diner at 5am and was on Sebago reeling in our first salmon by lunch.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

caught_the_fever

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2018, 08:28 PM »
That is one great shot!   Fantastic that she's getting out there with you.

I cannot wait until my little guy can join his father for a trip. 

MGK

« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2018, 04:34 AM »
Great report and pictures! Hope you get into the bigger togue. Just about everyone I know who fishes it is struggling with small fish right now
It is better to be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.