FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Critters  (Read 17441 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Critters
« Reply #30 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:36 AM »
I imagine so. But, at least you have a sense of humor.

And...actually.....relocations are performed by a licensed NWCO.....not a state employee. 
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

FrankM

« Reply #31 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Kill and eat. My father said if it wasn't for woodchucks they would seldom have had any meat during the depression.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

FrankM

« Reply #32 on: Jun 01, 2018, 08:47 AM »
I would love to cook one up in my Traeger grill. Everything tastes good cooked on it. Even the grease that collects in the little bucket.
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:37 AM »
I imagine so. But, at least you have a sense of humor.

And...actually.....relocations are performed by a licensed NWCO.....not a state employee. 
Rg

this  is  true  however  a  NWCO is  paid  by the state  county or  town ....from taxpayer funds ......rember my trapping thread that was deleted and notice my name  :D

you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #34 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:40 AM »
I would love to cook one up in my Traeger grill. Everything tastes good cooked on it. Even the grease that collects in the little bucket.

actually  have eaten woodchuck  tasted a lot like pork and my father told me the same thing  during depression years they were often diner .....along with porcupines....fur fish and game often has interesting stories about  trapping and hunting during those times

trapper2000

« Reply #35 on: Jun 01, 2018, 09:44 AM »
What are you using for bait Mac?

I just finished relocating a family of red squirrels . All 5 of them went to a local park. Now I feel I can just get that chipmunk...... :-\

Rg

Posted by: rgfixit
« on: Today at 04:43 AM »
Insert Quote

From the NYS DEC website.

"Relocating an Animal
It is illegal for you to move or relocate an animal off your property. You cannot live trap an animal and release it in a park, on State land or anywhere other than on the property where it was captured. If you need a wild animal removed from your property, contact a Nuisance Wildlife Control Operator (NWCO). Relocating an animal can create problems for neighbors, can move diseases like rabies or Lyme, and can cause unnecessary stress to the animal. This task must be handled by a licensed professional."

So......there's the REAL answer.

RG

sorry RG that confession would stand  up in court ......  and  weber grills are  not allowed  in the yard .....only gas ....... :rotflol:

mac  you can plead  innocent and  say i helped ya .......

Mac Attack

« Reply #36 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:28 AM »
What are you using for bait Mac?

I just finished relocating a family of red squirrels . All 5 of them went to a local park. Now I feel I can just get that chipmunk...... :-\

Rg

Sorry Bob.
Never saw this question.
No bait.
Just formed a small lane using 2x6's for them to funnel into the trap.
This was suggested on line.

I'd go snap a photo, but that would incriminate me further.

8)

greensider

« Reply #37 on: Jun 01, 2018, 10:40 AM »
I also never said I didn't agree with doing it just it's not legal and there are antis in all outdoor forums looking for things like this and was just giving a heads up

filetandrelease

« Reply #38 on: Jun 01, 2018, 11:40 AM »
They can release all the chips , red and gray squirrels , and flying squirrels and bandits  they want at my place , there is loads of room , I’ll pass on skunks , ground hogs and hedge pigs ,

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #39 on: Jun 01, 2018, 01:33 PM »
I think you need a license to run an animal sanctuary Fred. ;D

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #40 on: Jun 01, 2018, 02:07 PM »
I think you need a license to run an animal sanctuary Fred. ;D
Rg
They have free run here , I’m not worried bring-m , 👍🏻I could use a few more black squirrels between me and my neighbors there’s several hundred acres

rondog

« Reply #41 on: Jun 02, 2018, 04:54 AM »
I did NWCO work for over 25 years and never got paid by the State, County or town unless they hired me, The state would get a call about a " Critter " and they would pass it on to me.I would contact the property owner and they would contract me to remover the problem. It always amazed me the response that I got when I told them there was a fee involved. Not sure what the rules are now but then if I released an animal it had to be in the same county as it was captured in and could only be released on private property ( with the owner's permission ) never on state property. If the critter was dead it had to be incinerated or buried.
Got tired of the 2: AM  " Emergency " calls and the same story, Why should I have to pay to have a skunk removed from my property? the skunk belongs to the state.

trapper2000

« Reply #42 on: Jun 02, 2018, 06:04 AM »
really then you got screwed I get paid  from the county on some jobs and the town on others  for beaver removal  ....and they are not relocated  ....

lot of  people will call you for raccoons in their attic or a skunk under their porch those are private pays

however that's not the morel of this story ....mac is doing the right thing he had a family of wood chucks under his shed  he didn't want to kill them so he live trapped them and let them go in a abandon farm .....he didn't do anything wrong  ....who cares  ...now that RG guy is illegally trapping dangerous wild life transporting them and releasing them where they are a danger to the public ..... I can picture the  DEC raiding his house while he is standing next to the weber with the burger flipper in one hand and a Heineken in the other!!!!!  we can't help the man ,you'll be seeing him on a new eposide of cops  or big house ...... mac and I tried our best to save him .....but he refuses to listen .....

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #43 on: Jun 02, 2018, 06:33 AM »
  :rotflol:

filetandrelease

« Reply #44 on: Jun 02, 2018, 07:48 AM »

I don’t know but those reds look dangerous to me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor