FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: A little salt action  (Read 2214 times)

caught_the_fever

A little salt action
« on: Jun 03, 2018, 08:26 PM »
Now that I have a 7 month old at home, haven't had the opportunity to get out as much.  However, today I managed to get out twice.  Fortunately I'm lucky that the little lady allows me to feed the need when it arrives and today was such a day. 

On the first outing, she walked down with our son and delivered an Italian sandwich and beverage.  Tried sub-surface with a dressed hopkins with no luck - switched over to the 4" mackerel popper and some decent schoolies decided to play.   Would have loved to have shown them to our little guy but one of many things I've learned is you don't wake a sleeping baby!  After a grocery trip this evening, she let me fish the low light levels.  No dice on the popper this evening so switched to the fly rod - caught several healthy schoolies on a black clouser.  Nice to be into the stripers again....

seamonkey84

Re: A little salt action
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Awesome! I know what you mean, my little buddy is 16 months old now, and I’m still sharing one car with mama. I might be hitting the salt this season, but still so many freshwater spots I already plan on hitting when I can lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2018, 03:23 AM »
Nice pics and fish, Mike!  You made good use of your time on the water.   Who needs a whole day when you're wicked efficient ;D

fish wayniac

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:19 AM »
Its good to see the Stripers showing up. They sure are a powerful fish even the schoolies.

I know what you mean about finding time in between family.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #4 on: Jun 04, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Sounds like they are moving from all the reports. Sounds like you don’t have to go far to get them either.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

caught_the_fever

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2018, 11:11 AM »
thanks guys.   The cool breeze and salt air felt good - but that massive tug on the line was much better, particularly on the fly rod. 

Last year was a solid year; at least the first half, the fall season never really materialized at least among the folks who work the shore that I had been in touch with

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jun 04, 2018, 02:21 PM »
Nice work Mike!

My little guy is 17 months old now and just caught his first Blue gills. Albeit not 100% on his own he had a blast reeling it in and touching the fish. 
Wicked Wec

franklin fisher

« Reply #7 on: Jun 04, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Good post.

caught_the_fever

« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Nice work Mike!

My little guy is 17 months old now and just caught his first Blue gills. Albeit not 100% on his own he had a blast reeling it in and touching the fish.

Congrats on getting the little one hooked up - at 17 months, that's very impressive even if just reeling.  I can't wait for that day - in fact, as silly as it seems, for his first Christmas at 2 months old, I bought him an Echo Gecko fly outfit.  One of my friends told me I was crazy, he won't be able to use it until he's 7-8 years old.  I'm fairly confident he'll be casting it, or trying, prior to kindergarten.  Only time will tell but we'll have fun either way.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #9 on: Jun 05, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Congrats on getting the little one hooked up - at 17 months, that's very impressive even if just reeling.  I can't wait for that day - in fact, as silly as it seems, for his first Christmas at 2 months old, I bought him an Echo Gecko fly outfit.  One of my friends told me I was crazy, he won't be able to use it until he's 7-8 years old.  I'm fairly confident he'll be casting it, or trying, prior to kindergarten.  Only time will tell but we'll have fun either way.

You think thats Crazy... When Gunnar was 10 months old I bought him a Benelli M2 Slugger 20 ga and an additional bird barel with extra choke tubes. $2,500 and had to wait 2 months for the bird barrel. That thing should last him his lifetime and others.
Wicked Wec

caught_the_fever

« Reply #10 on: Jun 07, 2018, 11:08 AM »
Not playing around by going with Benelli!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Jun 07, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Not playing around by going with Benelli!

LOL. My passion is fishing but I have been blessed with great eyes and quick reflexes and hunting and shooting is where my heart really is. Trap, skeet, and sporting clays.

I started off with a remington 11-87 and also used it during my first ATA trap competitions and did very well wining all over New England, PA, OH and at the Grand American with it. Money was flowing in so I purchased a Browning Citori XT Trap and competed with that for a long time. However, I won a Beretta Urika 391 and that was my new Skeet and Sporting Clays gun. I wanted to get my little guy something that will last him a lifetime and hopefully his kids as well knowing that you get what you pay for.

Not to mention i was able to "test" it out last deer season and bagged 4 deer with it in 2 trips.  ;D
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.