FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 6/8 - 6/9  (Read 1240 times)

Spooled85

6/8 - 6/9
« on: Jun 10, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Made it out Friday with all the kids and Saturday with the wife . Did pretty well on the gills and a couple perch that swallowed the hook so I kept them . All in all a good two days to be out ! All we're caught a foot under a bobber with red wigglers . They didn't seem to want anything else . Only caught one crappie both days . Kids had a blast fishing ,and taken turns driving the boat . Can't wait to get back out !

rivereddy

Re: 6/8 - 6/9
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2018, 06:59 PM »
nice haul.  Never underestimate the magic of "steering the boat" on a kid.  My buddy's son was about 9 when I set and controlled the throttle, but had him sit and take the tiller.  He became a boater for life in about 15 seconds.  I stored the boat in my brother's garage over the winter.  One day buddy and son came over for a mushroom hunt.
Buddy's son flew out of the car and not seeing my watercraft actually wailed out loud,"Wherrreees the b b b boat!"...

fish on,

rivereddy

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2018, 07:36 PM »
Lmao that's awesome ! Ya I rember it when I was a kid in the UP driving grandpa's boat ! Never for get it and now I have the boat and can pass the feeling off !!

indianahooker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2018, 06:03 AM »
sounds like time well spent :thumbup_smilie: good job dad!

my kid got broke in on a 1957 bigtwinn 35hp tiller. i dont think excited was the emotion at first. lol  i have a picture of him running it. the motor looks as big as him and i know it weighed more. lol he was ten years old or so.  i thought he would be intimidated by it enough to not open it up, but he did when told to, and ran us 8 miles down river.  im sure it was mixed emotions flying down a narrow river at 35mph with only him in control. i was proud of him though and remember it like yesterday. and i hope i never forget it.

we have to teach our kids life skills, because the schools sure dont.

Spooled85

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2018, 04:56 PM »
You got that rite ! And that's the stuff that makes memories !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.