FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: boiles for carp?  (Read 1507 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
boiles for carp?
« on: Jun 10, 2018, 06:57 PM »
i just made up some boiles and were going to give them a try. was going to chum up a area with feed corn for a couple of days then fish it with the boiles. do any of you guys use boiles for carp and what do you guys use for rigging and bait. i was going to use a slip sinker rig on my laker rod with a baitrunner reel. it will be my first time fishing for carp so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Bass to mouth

Re: boiles for carp?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2018, 10:17 PM »
If u can stop that rig from slipping as close as possible is your best bet. Carp fishermen use a safety lead clip or inline lead rig. The purpose of these rigs is to make resistence when carp bite so they set the hook on themselves. If u ever watched Wicked Tuna its very similar where all of a sudden the fish is running and all u have to do is reel. GOOD LUCK!

Bass to mouth

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2018, 10:20 PM »
My recent PB carp was caught on a few kernels of supersweet corn and a piece of freeze dried strawberry

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2018, 09:03 AM »
so you want them to feel the weight?

ICEHOLE

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2018, 01:21 PM »
i just made up some boiles and were going to give them a try. was going to chum up a area with feed corn for a couple of days then fish it with the boiles. do any of you guys use boiles for carp and what do you guys use for rigging and bait. i was going to use a slip sinker rig on my laker rod with a baitrunner reel. it will be my first time fishing for carp so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I just made boilies for the first time last Thursday. I used shredded wheat, few eggs, package of strawberry jello, scoop of cream corn, and a healthy dose of high gluten bread flour. our only take for the evening was on my boilies. so they work!  didnt land the fish tho...
next time I will be adding hulled hemp seeds, sea salt and who knows what else. I had 2 decent size boilies on a rig..couldnt decide if I wanted to use one boilie or 2..also had corn and chick peas deployed!

hard to beat the tried and true. corn tho...
was fun experimenting.
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

manitron

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2018, 02:39 PM »
I just made boilies for the first time last Thursday. I used shredded wheat, few eggs, package of strawberry jello, scoop of cream corn, and a healthy dose of high gluten bread flour. our only take for the evening was on my boilies. so they work!  didnt land the fish tho...
next time I will be adding hulled hemp seeds, sea salt and who knows what else. I had 2 decent size boilies on a rig..couldnt decide if I wanted to use one boilie or 2..also had corn and chick peas deployed!

hard to beat the tried and true. corn tho...
was fun experimenting.

Well if they don't work,at least you can snack on them.   ;)

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2018, 03:05 PM »

Check out "Catfish and Carp" on YouTube, the guy is awesome.
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

ICEHOLE

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2018, 03:21 PM »
Well if they don't work,at least you can snack on them.   ;)

bob was eating them until he realized there was creamed corn in it.. :o

Check out "Catfish and Carp" on YouTube, the guy is awesome.
hard to YouTube carp, and NOT see one of his videos...he covers everything u could imagine. He has helped me learn some tricks..BUT dont follow his pop up boilie suggestion. not enough egg to float...
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:15 PM »
bob was eating them until he realized there was creamed corn in it.. :o hard to YouTube carp, and NOT see one of his videos...he covers everything u could imagine. He has helped me learn some tricks..BUT dont follow his pop up boilie suggestion. not enough egg to float...
I found that out last night when I made them. Wouldn't float lol.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #9 on: Jun 11, 2018, 08:16 PM »
I used cream of wheat and flour and strawberry jello. Used egg and water to make it into dough.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.