FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Starfire Rods - 14.99 FYI  (Read 3046 times)

Turnbuckle

Re: Starfire Rods - 14.99 FYI
« Reply #15 on: Jun 15, 2018, 10:32 AM »
My brother stopped late last week on the way up and said they had nothing.  Many bare shelves and the Bargain Cave was empty.

I can confirm that. The entire store was thin. I even noticed the lack of clothing compared to normal where they just spread out the racks in the void.

Not sure if this is fact or not, but the sales guy I was talking to said as we all know Cabelas reels are made elsewhere and rebranded. Some Okuma, some by Shimano, etc.

He mentioned that Bass Pro is making their own proprietary reels and he expects that the Cabelas brand reels will be made sort of in house going forward. Sounds questionable especially at the existing pricepoint. Who knows. 
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

JDK

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:04 AM »
I have to admit that Cabelas is now an after thought for me. If o am ordering on line I can usually find what I am looking for cheaper and without sales tax/ shipping. Maybe if I lived closer I’d feel different but that last few times I was there I had a hard time using my gift card.
# SAND

MarkNFish

« Reply #17 on: Jun 15, 2018, 11:29 AM »
Rods will be here tomorrow. Had a 10 off coupon and was going to get a depthmaster reel for 30, but they were out in the store. Literally no stock of most models. Guy told me to order one, which I did, then found it was backordered this morning. FYI if anyone was going to order one.
If you don't mind, I'd love to hear what you think of the reel when you get it.  I have an older one that I like a lot, but I'm not thrilled with a couple newer ones.  There doesn't seem to be many options in the lower price range; and it's a fairly big jump in price to the next level. 

Turnbuckle

« Reply #18 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12:27 PM »
I have to admit that Cabelas is now an after thought for me. If o am ordering on line I can usually find what I am looking for cheaper and without sales tax/ shipping. Maybe if I lived closer I’d feel different but that last few times I was there I had a hard time using my gift card.

I’m hooked there by their marketing. Years ago I got the Cabelas card that earns Cabelas dollars. We try to put everything on it like groceries, gas, and major purchases. That builds me a little recreational budget down there end of the month. I agree though, not much for real/reel bargains.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Turnbuckle

« Reply #19 on: Jun 15, 2018, 12:29 PM »
If you don't mind, I'd love to hear what you think of the reel when you get it.  I have an older one that I like a lot, but I'm not thrilled with a couple newer ones.  There doesn't seem to be many options in the lower price range; and it's a fairly big jump in price to the next level.

I’ve had one for two years as a leadcore reel. It is what it is. Haven’t had any issues with, everything works as designed, and it was a cheap combo.

Turnbuckle

« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2018, 08:45 AM »
Got the rods, like them. Good action.
Not sure if I’ll use them for lead or down riggers. I tried one of each yesterday. As it was father’s day, the kids let me actually reel in my first one trolling this year and it happened to be a real solid fish for Sebago. I was tickled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.