FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saltwater  (Read 2870 times)

JDK

Saltwater
« on: Jun 14, 2018, 09:15 AM »
I have to head downstate for some sort of function next week and thought I'd bring a rod to fish for stripers.  I am now confused about the saltwater registry.  Maine.gov indicates that I am exempt if:  I hold a valid Maine freshwater fishing licence and indicated on your licence whether or not you engaged in saltwater fishing during the prior year.  I was asked by the Town Clerk but there is nothing on the licence that indicates that I was asked.   

Am I good to go or not?

If the fishing is good, I'll not attend the function.  Right gamefisher and teampar?
# SAND

gamefisher

Re: Saltwater
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2018, 09:27 AM »
I have to head downstate for some sort of function next week and thought I'd bring a rod to fish for stripers.  I am now confused about the saltwater registry.  Maine.gov indicates that I am exempt if:  I hold a valid Maine freshwater fishing licence and indicated on your licence whether or not you engaged in saltwater fishing during the prior year.  I was asked by the Town Clerk but there is nothing on the licence that indicates that I was asked.   

Am I good to go or not?

If the fishing is good, I'll not attend the function.  Right gamefisher and teampar?

I'm doing everything I can to get Emma to realize the error of her ways before making this kind of mistake Jay, so far no luck but if she's lucky MGK will be delayed at sea. ;D :-*

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2018, 09:44 AM »
When I apply for a FW license, there is a block to check if you intend to fish salt water.  Once this block on the application is checked, when I print a FW license it states right on it that it is valid for SW.  If the SW block isn't checked at the time of application, you may have the extra step of applying to the SW Registry.

JDK

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2018, 09:58 AM »
I'm doing everything I can to get Emma to realize the error of her ways before making this kind of mistake Jay, so far no luck but if she's lucky MGK will be delayed at sea. ;D :-*

I say we bribe the captain to anchor well offshore....like the Flemish Cap.

# SAND

JDK

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2018, 10:05 AM »
When I apply for a FW license, there is a block to check if you intend to fish salt water.  Once this block on the application is checked, when I print a FW license it states right on it that it is valid for SW.  If the SW block isn't checked at the time of application, you may have the extra step of applying to the SW Registry.

Thanks Jim

I actually went back and asked the Town Clerk a week or so ago and got a blank stare.  She said she asked me the question.  I know she did but there is nothing on the license.  I don't want to give any warden any reason to be in my life longer than necessary.

I also don't want to give this state any additional money, even if it is only $1 or $2.

# SAND

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2018, 10:43 AM »

Am I good to go or not?

Is that next weekend???? 😂😎

JDK

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Is that next weekend???? 😂😎

Yeah :o

The son that I used to like wife is about to have our first grandchild any day now.   Judging by my wife's reaction, you'd think she is in labor.  Literally bags are packed.  I asked what for and got the "You're a dumbass" look.  Kids getting in the way of good fishing....what the heck.
# SAND

JDK

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:14 AM »
And yes, I want to be called GOF, short for grumpy old fart. 8)
# SAND

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:16 AM »
And yes, I want to be called GOF, short for grumpy old fart. 8)

I think Carol has called you worse!  :rotflol:

teampar

• "It is what it is"
« Reply #9 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:19 AM »

The son that I used to like wife is about to have our first grandchild any day now.   Judging by my wife's reaction, you'd think she is in labor.  Literally bags are packed.  I asked what for and got the "You're a dumbass" look.  Kids getting in the way of good fishing....what the heck.

I am just wondering who is going to be an old grandfather first, you or Glenn??? I think I will take Glenn in the pool. 8)

JDK

« Reply #10 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:20 AM »
I think Carol has called you worse!  :rotflol:

Why do you think I learned French, to figure out what she was saying when angry.  Not very ladylike.

# SAND

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:21 AM »
The DMR Marine Patrol would oversee enforcement as I see it, Jay.  You could call them about the situation.

Thanks Jim

I actually went back and asked the Town Clerk a week or so ago and got a blank stare.  She said she asked me the question.  I know she did but there is nothing on the license.  I don't want to give any warden any reason to be in my life longer than necessary.

I also don't want to give this state any additional money, even if it is only $1 or $2.

gamefisher

« Reply #12 on: Jun 14, 2018, 02:35 PM »
The DMR Marine Patrol would oversee enforcement as I see it, Jay.  You could call them about the situation.

He won't have any time to fish Jim, he'll be too busy drowning his sorrows in that cheap beer that MGK is springing for, didn't think us worthy of the good stuff.   :'(  I've got my speech all prepared for when the minister asks if there is anyone who thinks this marriage shouldn't take place. :D

Slammin_Brookies!!

• "Speed and Accuracy" Airborne All The Way 82nd
« Reply #13 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:30 PM »

Don't worry Jay.....its just a matter of time and you'll be texting Matt photos of fish on the weekends and he'll be sending baby pics from the couch while Emma naps. Lol.
If you're too busy to fish...........You're too Fa..king busy!

JDK

« Reply #14 on: Jun 14, 2018, 07:39 PM »
 ;D ;D
# SAND

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.